Nurse Aide I Student - Emergency Preparedness & Disaster Management
Job Req ID: 445863
Position Number: 0000000
Employment Type: PRN
Shift Details: Varies
Standard Hours: 4
Department Name: Temporary Pool
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
In order to continue to provide care to our patients impacted by the coronavirus disease 2019, (COVID-19), Atrium Health is currently hiring temporary Nurse Aide I positions. These positions are designed for students in local colleges and universities who are interested in gaining experience in patient care. These roles will be deployed to the areas with the highest needs and therefore will be required to float to different Atrium Health facilities within Charlotte and the surrounding areas.
The Nurse Aide I Student – Emergency Preparedness & Disaster Management assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision and control of the Registered Nurse. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competencies as appropriate to the needs of the patient population served.
• Supports patients/residents with activities of daily living.
• Assists patients/residents with personal hygiene.
• Takes vital signs and height and weight measurements.
• Feeds and ambulates patients/residents according to specific procedures.
• Maintains patient/resident's rooms in a clean and orderly condition.
• Observes and reports changes in patient/resident conditions.
• Orients patients/families to unit and instructs patient on safety measures.
• Assists with clerical work such as, including answering phones, entering data and maintaining medical records.
• Maintains stock supply items in inventory management.
• Performs duties as outlined in the scope of Nurse Aide II (per North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide II Tasks List).
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Physical abilities testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Current listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide I prior to start date
• Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support HealthCare Provider certification.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Those required by unit. Includes blood pressure manometer, stethoscope, thermometer, personal protective equipment, wheelchairs, stretchers, utility cars, and related clinical equipment.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Medical Assistant San Bernardino (872971)Optum Local Care DeliveryMedical Assistant San Bernardino (872971) Position Description Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration1 hour agoShareSan Bernardino County, CA
Pharmacy Care Team Associate (874625)Optum Local Care DeliveryRequired Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED 4+ years of experience in a medical or pharmacy setting 2+ years of administrative support experience Must be able to1 hour agoShareSan Antonio, TX
Front Office Assistant - Little Rock, AR (876607)Optum Local Care DeliveryFront Office Assistant - Little Rock, AR (876607) Position Description Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient,1 hour agoShareLittle Rock, AR
Director Advisory Services, Healthcare Analytics - Telecommute (875815)Optum Advisory ServicesDirector Advisory Services, Healthcare Analytics - Telecommute (875815) Position Description No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is1 hour agoShareMinnesota
Business Analyst, Special Projects Coordinator - Phoenix, AZ (875125)Optum Local Care DeliveryBusiness Analyst, Special Projects Coordinator - Phoenix, AZ (875125) Position Description When you're setting the pace for change, it's not only challenging, it's1 hour agoSharePhoenix, AZ