Senior Assistant to the City Manager - Public Safety
Hiring range: $97,152 - $123,868/Year D.O.Q.
**Position will remain open until filled with an initial review of candidates with completed applications submitted on/before April 10, 2023.**
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
A RESUME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IN DETERMINING YOUR QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
The City of Fayetteville is currently recruiting for an Assistant to the City Manager to support the City Manager in the oversight of the public safety departments, provide additional oversight of information requests and generally support the City Manager in engaging the community around public safety.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide day-to-day analysis and information related to citizen complaints and internal investigations to the City Manager, respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
- Function as staff liaison to the Citizen Police Advisory Board (CPAB) and provide leadership and support for the implementation and exercise of its functions as authorized by ordinance and operating procedures approved by City Council.
- Direct, advise and assist public safety department chiefs in a variety of public safety matters; work collaboratively with other departments in community problem-solving efforts as well as consulting on internal public safety issues.
- Understanding the pillars of 21st Century Policing, support, advise and assist the Chief of Police and City Manager on policies, activities or operations that uphold those 6 pillars.
- Lead and manage innovative community safety-related programs and initiatives with collaborative involvement of community leaders, members, staff and City leadership.
- Offer transparency and accountability in City activity related to public safety and law enforcement providing opportunities for engagement internally and externally.
- Support belonging, diversity, equity and inclusion efforts in public safety departments that support staff recruitment and retention as well as improve community relations.
- Assume full management responsibility for independently investigating, communicating, monitoring and resolving public safety concerns or complaints regarding services, activities and/or interactions.
- Effectively understand and communicate the City Council and City Manger’s policies and intent related to public and community safety; manage and facilitate public engagement and dialogue concerning emerging public and community safety concerns.
- Respond to City Manager and City Council concerns and issues, along with community needs; apprise the City Manager of potentially serious public safety issues and problems; recommend approaches to resolving those problems to effectively address concerns; handle projects and programs as assigned by the City Manager.
- Plan and participate in various meetings, conferences, presentations and special events for community groups, business associations and other individuals and groups.
- Understand and apply data analytics and statistical techniques to provide the City Manager analysis and insight into public safety data through coordination, review and presentation of relevant information; provide staff assistance to the City Manager; prepare and present staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
Health and Dental Insurance:
The City of Fayetteville Employee Healthcare Benefit Plan provides comprehensive and affordable health and dental coverage while maintaining reasonable costs to employees. Coverage is available for all regular status employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week. Employees may also choose to cover eligible dependents. The premium is deducted on a pre-tax basis, with the City paying a portion of the premium. Qualifying employees are eligible for benefits on the 1st day of the month following 30 days of service.Employer Paid Leave
Paid Vacation: Employees earn vacation leave beginning the first day of employment, however, they are not eligible to take leave for 6 months. Leave accruals are based upon the number of years of service and the number of hours an employee is scheduled to work.
Paid Holidays: The City of Fayetteville observes 11 paid holidays per calendar year. The approved holidays are New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, 2 days at Thanksgiving and 2 days at Christmas.
Sick / Funeral Leave: Regular employees earn sick leave in proportion to the number of hours they are scheduled to work per week. Sick leave accruals begin the first day of employment. Sick leave can also be taken for deaths in your extended family. Sick leave hours accumulate without limits and may be used toward credible service upon retirement from the NC Local Government Retirement System.
The City assists our employees in securing their financial future during retirement by participating in the Local Governmental Employees' Retirement System, administered by the State of North Carolina. Regular status employees, scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week, become members in the retirement system upon employment. As a member of this system, employees are required to contribute 6 percent of their gross salary on a tax-deferred basis.
Deferred Compensation Plans:
To further assist employees in saving for retirement, the City offers two supplemental retirement savings programs. These programs offer employees an opportunity to save a portion of their salary on a tax-deferred basis to supplement their retirement benefit. The programs offered are 401(k) Supplemental Retirement Income Plan and the ICMA 457 Plan.
Cafeteria Plan / Supplemental Benefits:
Realizing that each employee may have different insurance needs, the City offers its employees the opportunity to supplement City-provided benefits by selecting from the benefits listed below. These benefits are offered at employee's expense through payroll deduction:
- Term Life Insurance (Pre-tax basis first $50,000 for employees)
- Dependent Term Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance (Pre-tax basis)
- Disability Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (Pre-tax basis)
The first year an employee contributes to the retirement system, the city provides a death benefit of $3,000. After one year as a contributing member of the Retirement System, a death benefit is provided that is equal to the highest 12 months' salary in a row during the 24 months before death, no less than $25,000 and no more than $50,000. There is no cost to the employee for these benefits.
Pay Periods/Direct Deposit:
City employees are paid bi-weekly, every other Friday. As an added convenience and safety measure, the City requires all new employees to sign up for direct deposit of their payroll checks.
Employee Assistance Program:
The EAP is available at no cost to all employees and their household members. The EAP provides confidential guidance on legal, financial and personal issues that could affect your health, relationships and job performance.
Remote Seasonal Contact Center Rep - Part Time - NCREI$15.30 - $17.00 an hourPart-timeDay shift +2What's cool about this job Imagine sharing your passion for the outdoors and helping provide guidance, knowledge and authentic experiences to our48 minute agoShareRemote in North Carolina
Intake Coordinator - Fully Remote from Home - Base + CommissionHerewith Inc.Estimated $35.1K - $44.4K a yearWeekend availability +1Our Vision We're revolutionizing in-home care by seamlessly connecting older adults with expert local caregivers via our easy-to-use mobile and web-based application.48 minute agoShareRemote in San Francisco, CA
Benefit Marketing Analyst - RemoteOneDigitalEstimated $61.8K - $78.2K a yearFull-timeAre you looking to accelerate your career without having to hide your authentic self - a place where you can be you? A career that’s making a bigger impact on the1 hour agoShareRemote
ReceptionistPOWER Engineers, Inc.$40,000 - $45,000 a yearFull-timeReceptionist POWER is seeking a full-time Receptionist to work in our Denver, Colorado office for the Corporate Administrative Services Group. At POWER Engineers,1 hour agoShareDenver, CO 80235
Mechatronics and Robotics ApprenticeJLLEstimated $50.6K - $64.1K a yearApprenticeshipJLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally. Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class1 hour agoShareCarencro, LA