Sr Software Developer
What if there was a different way of looking at money? A way that says it’s not how much we have that makes us happy—but what we do with it. For over 100 years, Thrivent has been helping members see money for what it really is—a tool, not just a goal—that can help us live more content, confident and generous lives.
The Senior Software Developer supports and may lead the technical designing, developing, implementing and governance of Marketing technology solutions that deliver business value across the organization while continuously improving time to market.
The Software Developer is responsible for Marketing Technologies which includes analyzing, designing, building, testing, debugging, documenting, implementing and maintaining new or existing applications and software within our Marketing Technology stack. They review and analyze user needs and design proposed system solutions based on requirements. They participate in the development and testing of these solutions and ensure adherence to defined timelines. They evaluate and configure systems and peripherals for performance and serviceability, reliability, and availability. They recommend enhancements, upgrades and/or changes to the system configuration to maintain optimum system performance and utility. The Software Developer documents all aspects of an application or system to include network diagrams/flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and revision dates. They collaborate with other IT and business professionals and deliver high quality results.Job Description
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Works on most phases of application development independently, but may occasionally require instruction and guidance of a more senior team member or manager
- Provides thought leadership on small to medium sized efforts
- Sets objectives and responsibilities on an organization effort
- Successfully deliver the right resources on initiatives in a timely and effective manner
- Mitigates risk within assigned assets, technologies and platforms
- Ensures data quality
- Coordinates with vendor technical staff on implementing system upgrades, enhancements and issue resolution
- Recommends opportunities to drive improvements
- Develops and maintains program documentation
- Leads the analysis and design for current business solutions, accounting for future business needs
- Understands the business needs and translates into technical plans and processes within an area
- Acts as the technical point of contact for the assigned technology solutions
- Brings broader coding experience (ex. secure coding techniques, understands which integration pattern to utilize)
- Develops and maintains functionality used by software applications, including change management, security and authentication, disaster recovery planning, support for data access, system configurations and reports
- Make and keep commitments to achieve desired priorities
- Provides feedback to team members against defined technical standards
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, MIS, mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of applicable experience
- In-depth knowledge of systems design and demonstrated leadership on small to mid-scale efforts
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience with Marketing Tools, Marketing Campaigns, Data Management and
- Experience implementing and providing technical solutions using Marketing Technologies such as Marketo, Hubspot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Acoustic, etc.
- Experience partnering with Marketing Business Partners to understand their business objectives.
- Experience with REST-based services (calling, building)
- Experience with micro-services and related technologies (Kubernetes, Kong, Kafka, Atlassian
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot, Maven
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to ***************@thrivent.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.
Data Entry Clerk1st American Systems and ServicesASI is recruiting for Data Entry Clerk at Burtonsville location in Maryland. Job Description: The data entry clerk will report directly to supervisor in support of12 minute agoShareBurtonsville, MD
Entry Level Business AnalystALCGlobalSoftware$60,000 - $70,000 a yearALCGlobalSoftware is seeking for multiple business analysts who are responsible to understand and interpret business requirements, evaluate those requirements via a23 minute agoShareLos Angeles, CA 90067 (Century City area)
Customer Service Consultant - $16/hr + bonusWayfair$16 an hourLocation: Indefinite virtual start, and then transition toOrem, Utah office. Schedule: Training is first 3 weeks Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Regular schedule is57 minute agoShareOrem, UT 84057 (Aspen area)
Senior Technical Support EngineerVMwareTechnical Support Engineer, VMware TanzuThe Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity? If you are interested in a new challenge and want to work with the2 hour agoShareRaleigh, NC
Office Staff - Junior League of PeoriaJunior League of Peoria$18 an hourThe Junior League of Peoria is in search of an energetic and highly organized individual to fill the role of Office Staff. With service, community, and leadership as3 hour agoSharePeoria, IL 61602 (Downtown Peoria area)