Administrative Manager to the Co-Presidents
Understood is a social impact nonprofit like no other. Our cause is to support the 70 million people in the United States who have learning and thinking differences like ADHD and dyslexia. And we’re passionate about our work. By taking an innovative digital-first approach, we create tools, content, and experiences that help people discover their potential, take control, find community, and stay on a positive path. Come be part of an organization with an entrepreneurial spirit that’s helping to shape the world for difference.
To learn more about Understood, please visit: www.understood.org
About the role
We are searching for an Administrative Manager to join Understood to support our three Co-Presidents, our CMO, CPO and CTO. This individual will be the go-to person for our Co-Presidents, enabling them to advance our organizational mission. In this role, the Administrative Manager to the Co-Presidents will provide seamless, diversified, dependable, high-quality administrative support (e.g., calendaring/travel coordination, meeting follow-ups, presentation development, agendas, etc.) for the Co-Presidents.
The ideal candidate will be a problem solver, organized and proactive, and also have a willingness to learn, be resourceful and independent, and take on additional projects and responsibilities. They should possess excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual looking to further their career in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while also being part of a rapidly growing team.
- Manage daily administrative functions to streamline executive productivity
- Calendar management, including meeting scheduling (virtual/in-person), team event coordination, and initiative planning (coordination and confirmation of meeting dates/times/locations, participant list and associated travel, required set-up and catering (as needed), development and circulation of agendas, preparation of required materials (draft presentations, agendas) and timely follow up (as needed)
- Assist with special projects, research, and compiling information, as needed
- Maintain various records and documents
- Assist and manage expense reporting
- Advise on time-sensitive issues, help prioritize and ensure proper follow up
- Collect and prioritize incoming requests and information
- 5+ years experience as a coordinator, executive assistant, etc. in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Experience supporting multiple executives
- Able to work out of Understood.org headquarters in the West Village area of New York City
- Proficient in G-suite, Microsoft Office Suite; extremely computer savvy
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to discern and sequence highest value priorities
- Excellent at problem-solving, taking initiative, and being resourceful
- Approachable, friendly demeanor in dealing with executives, employees, vendors, and customers
- You are passionate about providing positive experiences and building lasting relationships
- Outstanding professionalism, prioritization, judgment, and accuracy
- Proven integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Empathetic and engaging. Committed to embodying and being a steward of our commitment to diversity
Please Note: Understood requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please reach out to Becca Lazarus (blazarus at understood.org), People Operations Manager.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the Understood Careers website, please email us. Additionally, we're always looking for passionate and talented people to join us in shaping the world for difference.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Understood encourages individuals of all learning styles, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, including those whose life experiences may include the challenge of access due to a disability to apply for this position. Additionally, research has shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for roles unless they believe they meet all of the qualifications. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described as we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to supporting this work.
Understood is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associate, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on learning and attention issues, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues, and more, please visit www.understood.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
COVID precautions are in place.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10014: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Executive Support (VP and above): 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in New York, NY 10014
Intelligence Research SpecialistUS Department of State - Agency Wide$74,950 - $97,430 a yearDuties Collects, organizes, and analyzes intelligence data dealing with suspected fraudulent use of U.S. Consular issued documents. Analyzes data related to6 minute agoShareRosslyn, VA 22209 (Radnor-Ft Myer Heights area)
Onboarding Specialist (Part-Time)Medcor Inc$17 - $19 an hourPart-timeAre you detail orientated and organized? Do you routinely engage in conversations with everyone you meet? Do you like job perks, good pay, and growth potential? If so,14 minute agoShareRemote
Customer Service Representative IWeill Cornell Medicine$22.03 - $28.08 an hourTitle: Customer Service Representative I Title: Customer Service Representative I Location: Upper East Side1 hour agoShareNew York, NY 10021 (Upper East Side area)
On-Call Art HandlerThe Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum$30.00 - $37.44 an hourOn callSUMMARY OF POSITION : Working under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Exhibition Installation. The On-Call Art Handler will conduct general art handling and1 hour agoShareNew York, NY 10128 (Carnegie Hill area)
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT-HOURLY (FULL-TIME)Restaurant Associates$25 an hourFull-timeWeekend availability +1Restaurant Associates We have an opening for a full-time ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT-HOURLY position. Location: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History1 hour agoShareWashington, DC 20560 (South West area)