Assistant Controller - FERC Entities or Jurisdictions
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Director, FERC Assistant Controller for our Controllership department, located in Brooklyn, NY.
The Director, FERC Assistant Controller:
- oversees the processes and procedures in order to provides accurate and credible financial data (US GAAP, IFRS and FERC Uniform System of Accounts) for the FERCentities
- oversees Record to Report process and maintains accountability for the Meter to Cash and Source to Pay processes as it applies to the FERC entities.
- drives operational accounting, accounting policies, payment processing, mandatory filings and inter-company transactions for the FERC entities.
1. Oversees the Record to Report process and maintains accountability for the Meter to Cash and Source to Pay processes as it applies to the FERC entities.
2. Accountable for accurate and credible end-to-end accounting operations for the FERC jurisdiction. Owns accounting, general ledger and subsidiary ledger close activities for the FERC entities.
3. Leads team that delivers accounting activities for entities operating for the FERC entities. Drives the month-end process.
4. Oversees transaction processes, audit outcomes, and the effective maintenance of internal controls for the FERC entities.
5. Performs accounting reviews and identifies company and customer risks for assigned operating companies.
6. Leads variance review, accruals and jurisdiction reconciliations to provide financial data for the FERC entities; report key findings to the US Controller and NE CFO.
7. Leads team preparing FERC Uniform System of Accounts as well as U.S. GAAP filings, and, where applicable IFRS; communicates performance to the business. Responsible for financial statements and financial consolidations for the FERC entities and reports results to US Controller.
8. Supports implementation of appropriate policies, internal controls, accounting standards and procedures to drive performance.
9. Improves predictability of results for the FERC entities through accurate data to reduce risk and protect the company.
10. Works closely with the NE FP&A Director to bring actuals and budget/forecast closer together – works closely with Regulatory team on relevant rate filings.
11. Works with leadership across finance to ensure alignment on finance operational processes and provides necessary subject matter expertise.
12. Provides counsel to team members and manages third-party consultants and contractors.
13. Manages a team with the focus on development of regulatory knowledge, cross-functional skills, allocates / monitors tasks, motivates and retains staff and manages performance.
- Bachelor’s degree required and MBA preferred in Accounting, Finance or Business
- CPA or equivalent international accounting license required
- 10 years of progressive accounting or finance experience
- Utility accounting and finance experience
- US GAAP, FERC Uniform System of Accounts, IFRS and SOX
- Month-end processes
- Accuracy and accessibility of financial records
- Regulatory and jurisdictional finance
- FERC ratemaking and filings
- Proper documentation of all finance operation processes
- Process and financial control implementation and monitoring
- Risk mitigation
- Project management and process simplification
- Effective business partnerships
- Translating accounting conclusions to business outcomes
- Financial systems
$167k - $196k a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Executive AssistantMunich Re America ServicesEstimated $99.5K - $126K a yearFull-timeExecutive Assistant Location Princeton , United States Your job This role is open to Princeton, NJ or Philadelphia, PA.We’re adding to our diverse20 minute agoSharePrinceton, NJ 08540
Western Montana Forestry and Stewardship AssistantThe Nature Conservancy$45,100 - $46,800 a yearFull-timeOFFICE LOCATION Missoula, Montana, USA WHO WE ARE The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters20 minute agoShareMissoula, MT 59802 (Heart of Missoula area)
Assistant Administrator for Large RCFE (Long Beach, CA)TruCare Community$62,000 - $70,000 a yearWeekend availability +1Assistant Administrator for Chateau of Long Beach! Chateau of Long Beach is an assisted living facility for the elderly (ages 59+) located in Long32 minute agoShareLong Beach, CA 90805+2 locations
Administrative Assistant and OnboardingSt. Mary's Medical Center$17.59 - $30.24 an hourFull-timeYou. You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an Administrative Assistant / Onboarding Coordinator. You know how to move fast. You know how to stay32 minute agoShareGrand Junction, CO 81501
Welfare Fraud Investigator (Entry/Journey DOQ)County of Solano$41.92 - $50.96 an hourFull-timeWHY JOIN US AT SOLANO COUNTY? COMMITMENT TO SERVICE: Our mission is to serve the people and to provide a safe and healthy place to live, learn, work and play. We1 hour agoShareSolano County, CA