Billing & Reimbursement Specialist I
TUMG Business Services Revenue Cycle
Location: New Orleans, LA
In accordance with the accepted standards and practices of physician billing entities, to represent the physicians of the Tulane University Medical Group in the realization of all appropriate reimbursement for medical services rendered to patients. Support the billing and collection activities under the direction of the Supervisor, Manager and/or Director. Work in association with all areas of the Tulane University Medical Group Business Services, partners, Tulane University Hospital and Clinic Staff, and other internal and external persons. Responsible for initial billing, claim follow up, resolution of rejected claims, claim edits resolution, handling of special accounts and keeping management informed of trends, updates and unusual or urgent issues. Promote an environment of high productivity and job satisfaction.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiar with governmental billing rules and regulations and other third party billing requirements
- Knowledge and experience with ICD9 and CPT4 coding
- Experience with personal computers, word processing (Microsoft Office skills)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Well-developed judgment and decision-making abilities
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years physicians billing experience
- Knowledge of group medical practice
- Experience with compiling and analyzing data
- Knowledge of IDX physicians billing software is a major asset
This position is assigned to pay grade B3.23. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that
you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our
Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This position will close on the date it is filled
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
© Copyright 2019 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
Veterinary Office ReceptionistCentre Animal Hospital$14.00 - $14.50 an hourJob details Salary $14.00 - $14.50 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Required) Reception: 21 hour agoShareState College, PA 16801
Office AssistantEasy Road Moving & Storage$500 - $700 a weekJob details Salary $500 - $700 a week Job Type Full-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications US work authorization (Required) High school or1 hour agoShareMiami Gardens, FL 33169
House Cleaner (M-F 9am-5pm) Full TimeClean Vibz KzooUp to $800 a weekJob details Salary Up to $800 a week Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 3 Qualifications Day Shift (Required) Driver's License (Required) Full1 hour agoShareKalamazoo, MI
Physician - Emergency Medicine - Emergency Medicine Opportunities in Beautiful, Coastal Southeastern VirginiaRiverside Health SystemBeautiful, Coastalï¿½ Southeasternï¿½ Virginia Join us on the Chesapeake Bay coast of Virginia where sailing, fishing, championship15 hour agoShareNewport News, VA
Bookseller - PTBarnes & NobleJob Summary Barnes & Noble has a special place in the community, and this holds true whether you shop in our bookstores or in our Cafés. Booksellers are the15 hour agoShareFresno, CA Barnes, WI