Chess Teachers Wanted!
STAR Education, a non-profit charitable organization and a leader in after school education for over 33 years, has an open position for an after school part time Chess instructor for our Nova enrichment program. We are searching for amazing teachers to teach K-6th grade students the royal game. We use the valuable lessons in chess as a means to develop life long skills for our students.
Ideally we are looking for instructors that are available Mon-Fri from the hours of 2-6 pm. 3-5 days a week availability is preferred. Reliable transportation and promptness is a must.
Each day of the week you would be at a different school, and you would be teaching the same group of children for an entire session building up their chess knowledge and skills. The range of a class size is anywhere from 6 - 20 children.
Chess knowledge would be required but master level is not necessary as you would just be teaching Elementary school children. Previous experience teaching children is preferred. All materials will be provided for you.
IMPORTANT: Please reply with cover letter and resume and include “Chess Teacher” in the subject line.
*** General Requirements ***
- Experience working with large groups of children preferred (Kindergarten -- 5th Grade)
- Must be able to commit to a job assignment that runs through a school year; August 2019-June 2020
- Reliable transportation
- Punctuality and reliability
- Dedication to children who have diverse backgrounds and academic levels
- Available most days, M-F, window of availability 2-6pm
- Ability to follow casual STAR dress code (including covering tattoos and removing piercings other than earrings) during work hours
*** ChessTeacher Requirements ***
- Experience with and at least a basic understanding of strategies, mechanics, and Ideas in Chess
- Willingness to be flexible in applying STAR curriculum based on student capabilities
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $40.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Teaching Certificate (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Paid time off
Hours per week:
- Monday to Friday
Customer Care RepresentativeTingley Home Services$20 - $23 an hourAre YOU looking to join a dynamic growing team that values your work/life balance and encourages teamwork and success? Are you dedicated, committed, reliable and looking8 hour agoShareRemote
Childcare TeacherCrossroads Kids ConnectionEstimated $25.6K - $32.4K a yearSummary Are you looking for a positive work environment where you can learn and grow? As a member of our team at Crossroads Kids Connection you will: Make an12 hour agoShareJohnson Creek, WI 53038
Full and part-time infant, toddler, and preschool teachersRedeemer Children's Journey Preschool$12.65 - $15.00 an hourSummary Children's Journey Preschool has been serving the community since 1972. Come join a team of wonderful and passionate early childhood education professionals as13 hour agoShareWinter Park, FL 32792
Online Japanese Tutor| 100% RemoteAmazingTalker$15 - $25 an hourPlease submit your application via our website: https://en.amazingtalker.com/apply-to-teach/japanese This is a flexible, remote Japanese teaching opportunity.13 hour agoShareRemote
Hyde Park Production Associate FT - Swing Shift, Mon. - Fri.Caspers Ice Cream Inc$16 - $21 an hourWE HAVE RAISED OUR WAGES... AGAIN! Come join the Casper’s Ice Cream team in our HYDE PARK PLANT as we produce our very own FatBoy Ice Cream novelties and other21 hour agoShareRichmond, UT 84333+4 locations