Chess Teachers Wanted!
STAR Education, a non-profit charitable organization and a leader in after school education for over 33 years, has an open position for an after school part time Chess instructor for our Nova enrichment program. We are searching for amazing teachers to teach K-6th grade students the royal game. We use the valuable lessons in chess as a means to develop life long skills for our students.
Ideally we are looking for instructors that are available Mon-Fri from the hours of 2-6 pm. 3-5 days a week availability is preferred. Reliable transportation and promptness is a must.
Each day of the week you would be at a different school, and you would be teaching the same group of children for an entire session building up their chess knowledge and skills. The range of a class size is anywhere from 6 - 20 children.
Chess knowledge would be required but master level is not necessary as you would just be teaching Elementary school children. Previous experience teaching children is preferred. All materials will be provided for you.
IMPORTANT: Please reply with cover letter and resume and include “Chess Teacher” in the subject line.
*** General Requirements ***
- Experience working with large groups of children preferred (Kindergarten -- 5th Grade)
- Must be able to commit to a job assignment that runs through a school year; August 2019-June 2020
- Reliable transportation
- Punctuality and reliability
- Dedication to children who have diverse backgrounds and academic levels
- Available most days, M-F, window of availability 2-6pm
- Ability to follow casual STAR dress code (including covering tattoos and removing piercings other than earrings) during work hours
*** ChessTeacher Requirements ***
- Experience with and at least a basic understanding of strategies, mechanics, and Ideas in Chess
- Willingness to be flexible in applying STAR curriculum based on student capabilities
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $40.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Teaching Certificate (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Paid time off
Hours per week:
- Monday to Friday
Library Media SpecialistHertford County SchoolsJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description HERTFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: LIBRARY/MEDIA SPECIALIST GENERAL STATEMENT OF3 hour agoShareAhoskie, NC 27910
Actors Actresses Music Director & Stage Hands 4 New MusicalLittle House on the FerryJob details Job Type Contract Full Job Description Actors Actresses and Musical Director Wanted – April – Mid-May- Palm County - Little House on the18 hour agoShareBoca Raton, FL
2022 K-5 Summer TeachersScholars UnlimitedJob details Salary $27.50 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 10+ Full Job Description Scholars Unlimited is a community based non-profit19 hour agoShareDenver, CO
Shipping Associate - Up to a $9,000 in Bonuses and Incentives for New HiresRenewal by AndersenJob details Salary Up to $25.78 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 3 Full Job Description Now offering up to a $5,000 New Hire Bonus on1 day agoShareCottage Grove, MN 55016+1 location
Tech Virtual Assistant (Tech VA)The Literacy Architects, LLCJob details Salary $20 - $27 an hour Job Type Part-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications US work authorization (Required) Full Job1 day agoShareRemote