Compliance Consultant (Defined Benefit experience)
This position focuses on Defined Benefit combo plan administration and has little client communication.
Serve as a resource to plan sponsors and financial advisors for matters related to ERISA compliance, plan design and governmental reporting. This person is the single point of contact for employer, financial profession and plan sponsor for their accounts. A Retirement Plan Consultant is able to handle client meetings both in person and via phone. This position serves as the retirement Plan expert on testing, 5500, loans and distributions and understands plan design and can assist on plan operation and document updates.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely, superior customer service, including problem solving and issue resolution with minimal inconvenience to clients
- Provide effective verbal and written communications in a clear, concise and informative manner
- Act as a mentor to Retirement Plan Coordinators, collaborating to meet or exceed defined business objectives, firm goals and client obligations, as applicable
- Assist clients with all initial and ongoing plan design and document support, including understanding their responsibilities with IRS and Department of Labor regulations
- Assist clients in meeting all IRS and Department of Labor deadlines necessary for qualified retirement plan
- Assist clients with Service and IRS Plan terminations
- Maintain up-to date knowledge of present legislation and proposed legislative changes with regard to ERISA law through self-study and company-sponsored training sessions
- Complete/Assist with payroll processing as required by the products assigned
- Responsible for all aspects of valuation reports, participant statements and annual testing
- Review or perform, as needed, the annual testing for plans, including ADP/ACP, Top Heavy, 410(b), 415, 401(a)(4),deductibility, and 402(g)
- Work with assigned coordinator(s) to provide compliant and accurate valuation reports, participant statements, trust accounting, annual testing and reporting as applicable
- Review distribution paperwork and coordinate processing of distributions with asset holder
- Review loan paperwork and coordinate processing of loans with asset holder
- Review or prepares Form 5500 and coordinate with plan sponsor to help ensure timely filing
- Assist auditors if a plan is subject to an audit
- Assist IRS and DOL auditors, if the plan is subject to an IRS or DOL audit
- Coordinate with all applicable parties, both internal and external, to ensure accurate conversion process for new clients (including but not limited to actuaries, financial advisors, attorneys)
- As applicable, work with assistant to coordinate and oversee activities that will ensure timely and accurate completion of book of business
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3-5 or more years ERISA experience in the retirement industry
- Experience in analysis of financial data required
- Experience in Relius software desirable, but not required
- Strong Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, manage tasks and meet in connection with business operations, including related ERISA compliance matters
- Ability to effectively plan and assign work and supervise support staff
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).
UNIFORM CRIME REPORTING CLERKCity of Oklahoma City$16.09 - $24.88 an hourDepartment Information, Job Summary and Essential Job Functions NOTE: The normal starting salary for this position is $16.09/hourly. A higher salary may be19 minute agoShareOklahoma City, OK
Contact TracerPublic Consulting GroupOhio Contact Tracer Overview: The aim of this initiative will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, establish all contacts of this person, and proceed to1 hour agoShareOhio
Support Analyst, OnboardingCoinbaseCoinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products,1 hour agoShareRemote
Patient Support RepresentativeHCA Medicaid Eligibility(RCPS)Description SHIFT: Work From Home SCHEDULE: Full-time Do you have exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment? Do you have1 hour agoShareSt. Louis, MO 63141
Data EntryIntegrity Staffing SolutionsJob details Job Type Temporary Full Job Description Data Entry Integrity Staffing is looking for smart, reliable and hardworking associates to work at a LARGE2 hour agoShareLouisville, KY 40229