We Are Hiring
Fitness Specialist - Employee Hlth and Wellness 001 - Part-Time,Day - Alexian Village Milwaukee - Milwaukee,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
Responsible for developing and implementing a specialized exercise regimen for older adult clients in a variety of settings and levels of function and fitness. Ensures the fitness program meets the needs of the client and may include elements such as physical fitness, nutrition, cardiovascular training, and weight training. Offers guidance and support to clients in order to achieve their goals.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Trainers must demonstrate knowledge of health appraisal techniques and an understanding of motivation, counseling, and teaching in health and fitness specific to older adults.
- A fitness specialist provides personalized exercise instruction to older individual clients
- Understands the physiological principals of safe and effective exercise regimens
- Works in suitable settings including one-on-one or in small groups
- Helps clients to achieve their personal fitness goals
- Specializes in specific forms of fitness for older adults such as balance training, yoga, tai chi, etc.
- Maintains effective interdepartmental relations
- Support Ascension Living's philosophy, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
The hours for this role will be as follows:
Monday: 9:00am - 3:30pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider
- Personal trainer certification. Exercise physiologist, or a physical therapy aide will do exceptional well.
- Diploma High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required Bachelor's degree and/or a valid certification through one of several professional associations devoted to fitness and related areas, such as the American College of Sports medicine, the American Council on Exercise or the International Sport Sciences Association strongly preferred
- None required
- 2+ years working in a similar capacity with older adults strongly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf”
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Library Media SpecialistHertford County SchoolsJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description HERTFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: LIBRARY/MEDIA SPECIALIST GENERAL STATEMENT OF3 hour agoShareAhoskie, NC 27910
Curator Of Animal Behavior ProgramsThe Maryland Zoo in BaltimoreJob details Job Type Internship Full Job Description General Summary: The Director of Animal Behavior is responsible for oversight of all animal behavior programs3 hour agoShareBaltimore, MD 21217
Telemarketer | Collections | Sales | No Weekends!Credit Corp Solutions IncJob details Salary $15 - $17 an hour Job Type Full-time Contract Number of hires for this role 10+ Full Job Description Paid training, Work from home after the3 hour agoShareSouth Jordan, UT
Call Center| Debt Collections | Entry Level |No WeekendsCredit Corp SolutionsJob details Salary $15 - $17 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Full Job Description Growth and more4 hour agoShareTacoma, WA
Credentialing Specialist 1Change HealthcareJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description What will I be responsible for in this job? The Credentialing Specialist will be responsible for processing5 hour agoShareConnecticut+60 locations