Fleet Manager- Dallas, TX
Worker Time TypeFull time
This position is responsible for fleet management across all field plant and DC locations - including tractors, trailers, box trucks, light-duty trucks, forklifts, and pallet jacks. Manages fleet maintenance to ensure all equipment is properly maintained and optimally deployed to meet operational/financial goals. Works with field operations and routing teams to increase fleet utilization (e.g. 6-7 days of use, night routes, and other scheduling initiatives). Leads efforts to replenish and refurbish fleet in partnership with procurement so the right equipment is delivered and maintained at the lowest possible cost.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hire, train, coach, and review the Fleet Administrator. Establish position goals and provide feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Establish overall fleet strategy, including heavy and light duty trucks and all material handling equipment.
- Maintain the fleet by ensuring vehicles are safe, maintained correctly, and properly registered, titled, and inspected.
- Contain costs by managing fleet vendors to contracts and establishing metrics to support fleet maintenance operations improvements. Tracks warranty work to ensure the company receives correct warranty payments.
- Maintain a detailed inventory of the fleet by collaborating with IT to develop and regularly update a database and process for updating mileage, vehicle history, and vehicle movement/location). This includes managing the vehicle numbering program.
- Create a detailed deployment plan for each location to optimize the fleet by responding to field fleet requests and analyzing seasonal business requirements.
- Place and track new, used, and rental vehicle orders by leveraging established contracts. Manage lease terms to ensure seamless transition/return of vehicles.
- Coordinate equipment redeployment and delivery by working closely with Plant Managers/GMs.
- Integrate equipment acquired through acquisitions; oversee vehicle disposals as required.
- Administer the fleet fuel spend and fuel card program.
- Handle paperwork and manage payments for citations, fines, violations, invoices, permits, tags, registrations, and inspections, and other administrative fees.
- Work with IT to develop a program to track personal use mileage on company vehicles.
- Conduct analyses and prepare presentations on fleet status and improvement opportunities.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Internal: Procurement, Accounting, IT, Field Operations Team
External: Fleet repair and maintenance suppliers, dealerships, equipment leasing companies, state motor vehicle departments, and other government agencies and service providers
This position supervises the Fleet Administrator.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in fleet or logistics management
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Excellent Excel/analytical skills to identify fleet utilization and cost containment opportunities
- Understanding of basic fixed asset accounting principles
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Typical office environment, generally sedentary position using computers, calculators, phones, and other office equipment. This position works in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships, and reason through complex business situations is essential. This position has travel requirements (minimal); a valid drivers license and acceptable MVR are required.
1 hour agoShareMiami, FL+2 locations
Scientist I - Virtual Observatory of the CortexAllen InstituteScientist I – Community Manager - Virtual Observatory of the Cortex - Neural Coding The mission of the Allen Institute is to unlock the complexities of1 hour agoShareHybrid remote in Seattle, WA 98109+9 locations
Commission AnalystExpedia Partner SolutionsFull-timeIf you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form.1 hour agoShareChicago, IL
Back Office SaSS Tool & Help Desk AdministratorLaw for All, Inc.$50,000 - $90,000 a yearFull-time8 hour shiftLaw for All is a secure online legal marketplace that provides low cost, accessible legal solutions by combining people, process and technology; our network offers3 hour agoShareRemote
VP, Affluent Program Manager - New York, NYJPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.$99,750 - $175,000 a yearFull-timeThe Growth Financial Product (GFP) team provides an end-to-end ownership of products designed for Chase's designated growth segments and manages the evolution of Chase's3 hour agoShareNew York, NY