Under general supervision of the Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisor, performs a variety of housekeeping activities to keep the facility clean and sanitary.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Turn rooms over between OR cases to prepare for next case.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean and tidy.
- Clean OR rooms, hallways, lounges, restrooms, and other work areas so that heath standards are met. OR rooms to be terminally cleaned at end of all OR case load daily.
- Observe precautions required to protect NLGH and personal property and report damage, theft and found articles to supervisors.
- Assist to move patients to own limitations.
i - Innovation
"Forward thinking" "Exploring new possibilities" "Ambitious Goals" Looks out for new and innovative approaches that will improve efficiency. Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise. Recognizes and rewards people and teams who are creative and innovative. This is in sharp contrast to those who tend to embrace the status quo, struggle with new approaches and discourage others when they are creative and innovative in the pursuit of increased efficiency or effectiveness.
C - Compassion
"Friendly countenance" "Servant attitude" "Demonstrating genuine concern" Shows genuine sensitivity to the needs, feelings and capabilities of other people. Deals with others in a pleasant manner. Treats others with respect and consideration. This is in contrast to those who are unpleasant and tend to alienate co-workers, or who seem insensitive to the needs of others and tend to demonstrate a lack of respect for others.
A - Accountability
"Showing integrity" "Leading by example" "Ownership and accepting responsibility" Acts in ways that demonstrate personal integrity and serves as a positive example of why others should trust the motives of the organization. Views himself or herself as a reflection of the organization by following through on commitments and accepting ownership of any mistakes he or she might make. Leaves others with the clear impression that integrity is a core value at this organization. This is in contrast to individuals who make commitments that go unmet, fail to acknowledge their role in disappointing events, or whose actions (or inaction) leave others with doubts about the level of trust that should be placed in the organization.
R - Respect
"Considerate of cultural diversity" "Building trust" "All people are to be valued" Demonstrates a genuine interest in the thoughts, opinions, values and needs of co-workers and customers. Avoids speaking, writing or doing other things that could be seen as disrespectful of people in their absence (or "behind their backs"). Recognizes and shows respect for the strengths and contributions of others. This is in clear contrast to behaviors that leave people feeling that their thoughts, opinions, values and needs are of little interest.
E - Empowerment
"Allowing others to reach their full potential: "Freedom to do what is right for our patients" "Attain and share knowledge to enrich others" Empowered in an intentional manner that allows the person to find their way, yet receiving help when needed. Using good judgment related to the level of authority given and the amount of leeway extended. This contrasts with leaders and individuals who focus more on the risks involved from the empowerment, instead of reaching the full potential of the organization.
The process of sending and receiving messages with words, verbally, written or in sign language.
Identifying and responding to current and future patient and other customers’ needs; providing excellent service to internal and external patients and other customers.
Identifying and dealing with issues proactively and persistently; seizing opportunities that arise.
Lifelong, voluntary, and self-motivated learning.
Effectively work and complete assignments in group settings. Works independently and cooperatively with others to achieve common goals.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Expert Housekeeping procedures
- Expert Equipment operations - Buffer/Stripper/Waxer/Vacuum cleaner
- Intermediate Communication skills - oral/written/reading
- Expert Hazardous areas - Recognition/Precautions
- Intermediate Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) - Hazardous communication program/procedures
- Expert Infection control policies/procedures
- Intermediate Safety policies/procedures
- Intermediate Department policy/procedures
- Experience in housekeeping and/or laundry preferred.
- Experience in floor stripping and waxing preferred.
- High School Diploma or its equivalency preferred
- Any combination in training, education, and experience that would provide the knowledge and abilities.
If you are a current employee or have previously worked for Nor-Lea Hospital District, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] for your correct username and password.
Under general supervision of the Environmental Services Manager, performs a variety of housekeeping activities to keep the facility clean and sanitary.
Sr. Housekeeper - $24.50/hrVacasa$24.50 an hourWhy Vacasa We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we're the largest49 minute agoShareGaribaldi, OR+11 locations
Housekeeping Room AttendantDoubleTree Suites Minneapolis Downtown$15 - $17 an hourJoin our team and receive an onboarding bonus of $600! $300 will be paid at the end of the first 30 days of employment, and an additional $300 will be paid after 90 days6 hour agoShareMinneapolis, MN 55403
Housekeeper (Part-Time)Huntsville Health Care CenterEstimated $21.3K - $26.9K a yearWE ARE LOOKING FOR THE BEST HOUSEKEEPERS! We’re serious about getting the best people to join our team and offering on-the-spot interviews. We are looking for a8 hour agoShareHuntsville, TX 77340
Housekeeping Room AttendantHilton Garden Inn Allentown West$14 an hourJoin our team and receive an onboarding bonus of $600! $300 will be paid at the end of the first 30 days of employment, and an additional $300 will be paid after 90 days10 hour agoShareBreinigsville, PA 18031
HousekeeperMadisonville Nursing and RehabEstimated $22.9K - $28.9K a yearPurpose of Your Job Position The primary purpose of your job position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with11 hour agoShareMadisonville, TN 37354