Inspector - Territory: New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine
Full Job Description
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation's trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. Learn about how you can contribute to our company's success in the following position:
This position will be field-based covering a territory that includes: New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. Ideally the individual hired into this role will live in New Hampshire or Vermont. The role requires use of a personal car and 30%-50% travel, which may include some overnight stays. Finalist must pass a Motor Vehicle Record check satisfactory to NCCI.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This individual conducts field inspection services to ensure that the workers’ compensation classification system has been applied correctly at the discrete employer level to arrive at the most appropriate premium for a policy and consistency in application for the system.
This role is important because an Inspector provides comprehensive technical expertise in the classification system and participates and testifies as a fact witness in support of the Classification System at administrative, non-judicial, or judicial proceedings.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Reviews, selects, and prioritizes inspection assignments and schedules inspection appointments.
- Performs physical and virtual inspections by conducting background research on the insured and operations, including reviewing policy details, current classifications, Basic and Scopes Manuals, and any other preparation necessary, such as a list of exception questions, to conduct the physical inspection.
- Coordinates with any additional external parties as necessary. Develops questionnaire for the physical inspection. Updates all information and metadata in the inspection system. Performs physical inspections of insured operations for the Classification Quality Assurance program or customer requests and then complete the classification inspection report. Travels to the various locations of the insured.
- Analyzes and identifies issues as it relates to the classification codes based on observations and inspection reports.
- Reviews and responds to inspection correspondence. Reviews and resolves classification inspection disputes.
- Serves as the regional expert or resource in classification issues and general industry trends.
- Assists NCCI staff and regulators with classification issues and provides assistance and testimony in classification code appeals and in support of classification code analysis.
- Reviews and researches manuals and databases on classification system. Responsible for other duties as assigned to include special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 or more years insurance experience in premium audit conducting field audits, classification inspections, audit review, underwriting and/or other relevant field role with 2 or more years in workers compensation experience.
- In lieu of a degree, High School Diploma/GED and 6 or more years insurance experience in premium audit conducting field audits, classification inspections, audit review, underwriting and/or other relevant field role including 4 or more years workers compensation experience is required.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of proper audit techniques and standards of audits/inspections.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Worker’ Compensation infrastructure to include Basic Manual, Scopes Manual, and Classification system.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills are needed in order to appropriately determine and assign classification codes based on physical inspection and understanding of insured’s operations.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft based PC environments, tools, and scheduling applications and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to provide expert testimony at administrative and judicial hearings.
Professional insurance designation is preferred e.g. Associate in Underwriting (AU); Associate in Premium Audit (APA); or CPCU.
We require a drug screen and background check.
EEO / Smoke free environment
At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
Sales Development ExecutiveZibtek, LLC$40,000 - $120,000 a yearJob details Salary $40,000 - $120,000 a year Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 4 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Full Job6 hour agoShareDraper, UT 84020
Maintenance SpecialistKOHLSPerforms maintenance and handyman services in specified markets of anywhere from 10-15 of our Kohl's stores, ensuring Company Brand Standards are maintained. Mileage is17 hour agoShareLynnwood, WA 98037
New Business Development and Account ManagerWilcox + FlegelJob details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Preferred) Full Job Description Company Mission To23 hour agoShareSpokane, WA
Hiring AssistantThe Wildland Trekking CompanyFrom $17 an hourJob details Salary From $17 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Bachelor's (Required) US work authorization1 day agoShareRemote
Residential Structural DrafterProfile Homes$25 - $45 an hourJob details Salary $25 - $45 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications High school or equivalent2 day agoSharePortsmouth, NH