L&I IT Customer Support- Entry
Our Mission: Keep Washington Safe and Working! Our Values: Customer Focus, One L&I, Respect, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Learning and Growth, Reliability.
This position serves as an Entry Level project information technology specialist and consultant for Information Technology issues, solutions to ensure consistency with agency-wide and inter/intra-agency technology solutions to meet business needs, which serves the Everett, Mount Vernon and Bellingham offices and more than 150 staff. This includes field work in all program areas for Region 1 including: Collections, Customer Service, Admin, Audit, Electrical Inspectors, Early Return to Work, Elevator Inspectors, Revenue and Industrial Relations. The position will also support other program staff located in these offices when needed, including but not limited to, Insurance Services, DOSH, IS&H.
This position serves as a backup to the IT Customer Support – Journey position in Regions 1 on projects that affect technology relating to the business of the region. Participates in special information technology projects, hardware and software resource acquisition for the regions. The primary objective of the position is to ensure coverage within the regions when the Journey level staff is not available.
Works directly with Regional management staff and consults to help with decisions that are made for all users in the region. Works under the general supervision of the Regional Administrator and provides technical consulting (remotely and in-person), assistance and support in the design, development and maintenance of computer software, computer hardware, desktop, laptop, network, telecommunication and system applications needed to support the Regions. Provides technical assistance for new and emerging technology solutions to ensure consistency with agency-wide and inter/intra-agency technology solutions and to meet business needs.
**This position is scheduled to last up to 6 months.
Some of what you will do:
Consults with regional staff to help them understand and effectively use an extensive variety of information technology systems.
- Implements software and hardware solutions to address the business needs of all three offices in the region.
- Working within established procedures - coordinates, plans and carries out or arranges for the installation, testing, maintenance and repair of desktops, notebooks, printers and associated peripherals. Analyzes hardware and software problems, methods and techniques to independently determine the causes of incompatibilities between hardware and/or software components that affect the ability of Region 1 staff to perform their job functions. Works with problem-resolution teams and other IT staff to determine the causes of network-related issues, hardware failures or incompatibilities, software failures or incompatibilities and/or operating system issues.
- Maintains a very high level of customer service and confidentiality to ensure that staff and managers are kept informed about regional and/or agency-wide technology projects that might affect or benefit their work.
- Coordinates with the Regions’ Journey level IT position as a backup, and assists in the planning, development and the implementation of new software and hardware systems that impact the region, multiple regions/divisions and/or the entire agency. Works with other IT staff in varied IT disciplines to assist in the use and integration of new and emerging technologies. Participates in planning and working with the Region’s Journey level IT position to implement technology changes.
- Assists the Region’s Journey level IT position in delivering training courses to develop managerial, professional and support staff’s proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids and other educational materials.
- Individually (and cooperatively with inventory leads and teams as assigned) ensure bar-coded equipment is properly accounted for and managed as related to receipt/warehousing and or movement of equipment.
- Maintain the Region’s bar-coded assets in Wisetrack/ATS. Regularly verify and update where necessary asset details (user, custodian, and location).
- Prepares equipment for surplus and arranges for disposal of hardware and software in a manner that protects confidential information and data.
- Installs, configures and upgrades desktop computer hardware and software as needed for business customers within the region.
- Unlocks mobile phones, installs applications, assists customers with efficient use of software, performs upgrades, orders accessories, and properly disposes of phones as needed.
- Works in partnership with other IT Customer Support – Journey/Field Staff, Enterprise Services staff and 3rd party vendors.
- Creates and sends information to business customers and stakeholders concerning status of problems, projects and requests.
- Escalates problems needing additional resources or prioritization to the appropriate Lead or Manager within the region or in Enterprise Services.
- Responds to off-hours problems as needed to ensure end user system availability and to minimize business impact.
- Installs and configures hardware devices (e.g., CD devices, backup drives, scanners, cameras, wireless devices, iPhones, desktop printers, network printers and associated peripherals).
- Assists in acquiring hardware, equipment transitions from desktop to laptop or convertible.
- Performs installations, set up soft phones.
- Installation and training on headphone devices, i.e. Plantronics, and select devices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems occurring outside of the office.
- And much more!
An Associate’s degree or completion of an accredited vocational training program in an information technology or related program.
Two years of information technology experience identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving technical problems, such as consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, or network infrastructure equipment, directing projects; providing customer or technical support in information technology; or administering or supervising staff who performed work in any of these information technology disciplines.
4 years of information technology experience such as consulting, analyzing installing and/or maintaining software applications, hardware, telecommunications, or network infrastructure equipment; directing projects; providing customer or technical support in information technology.
Must be able to function as part of a team, build rapport with co-workers and business customers, and provide excellent customer service and consulting.
Must be able to independently apply advanced technical knowledge and considerable discretion to evaluate and resolve complex tasks.
Also must possess a valid driver’s license.
Demonstration of L&I Core Competencies as well as position specific skills, abilities, and competencies.Supplemental Information
Things You Need To Know
To help you maintain a proper work-life balance, teleworking is one of the work schedule options for this position. L&I also offers flexible custom work schedules.
State employee who meet the qualifications will become eligible for a generous retirement package at the end of the employee’s career. Click on the “Benefits” tab to learn more.
At L&I, your voice matters. In addition, L&I is a diverse state agency dedicated to the safety and health and security of Washington's 3.3 million workers. Take a look at this brief video and learn more about why L&I is an employer of choice.
Per Governor Inslee’s Directive 22-13.1, state employees must be fully vaccinated effective November 4, 2022. Providing proof of being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment and your vaccine status will be verified by Human Resources prior to your first day of employment. Please contact April Sharp (she/her/hers) at [email protected] if you need information on medical or religious accommodation.
For this position, telework is upon business needs and supervisor approval. The assigned duty station for this position may be in any of the following offices in region 1: Everett, Bellingham or Mount Vernon, Washington.
For positions where in-office work is necessary, the frequency of telework will be discussed with the supervisor of the position at the time of offer.
We will contact the top candidates directly to interview for this position. Because we base the selection on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills, and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described in the announcement.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- A cover letter describing specific qualifications.
- A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
- A list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
Please do not attach or place any information about your vaccination status, including listing the governor’s mandate as a reason for leaving employment, within the application, resume, or cover letter. If you do, we will have to reject your application to safeguard others from receiving your confidential information. You will have to remove the confidential information before you can apply again.
- A job offer is contingent upon completion of a background check that includes a criminal record review.
- For positions requiring travel, you must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and have insurance if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
- Candidates who are offered a job with L&I must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
- The Department of Labor & Industries complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the federal employment eligibility verification form, I-9. The selected candidate must be able to provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States consistent with the requirements of that form on the first day of employment.
- Please note: L&I may use this announcement to fill multiple permanent and/or non-permanent positions.
Did You Know?
Washington is America's Top State to live, play, and work, according to U.S. News (2021). Join the L&I team and enjoy all the Evergreen State has to offer.
In addition to offering a positive balance between life and work, L&I provides one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. We also believe your voice matters. We value our employees and their work-life balance by encouraging flexible schedules. L&I is a diverse state agency dedicated to the safety and health and security of Washington's 3 million workers. Veterans Preference
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach to their application a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as Social Security numbers. For further information, contact L&I’s [email protected]
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Employer
L&I employees come from all walks of life. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We believe in the importance of recognizing the value each of us contribute to the success of the agency mission. Having a diverse workforce is this agency’s greatest resource of strength and knowledge. It is through the combination of talents and abilities that we can pursue finding effective measures to provide the best customer service. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone and we strongly mean everyone.
The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need accommodation in the application process or testing process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call 360-902-5700. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.
You are welcome to include the name and pronoun you would like to be referred to in your materials and we will honor this as you interact with our award-winning diverse and inclusive organization.
For more Information
If you have any questions regarding this job posting, program, or the agency, please contact April Sharp at [email protected]gov or Angela Laramie at [email protected]
Equity Research Associate - BiotechnologyPiper Sandler$85,000 - $150,000 a yearFull-timeAt Piper Sandler, we connect capital with opportunity to build a better future. We believe diverse teams with unique backgrounds, skills and experiences yield more8 minute agoShareChicago, IL 60606 (The Loop area)+1 location
BellpersonMarriott International, Inc$26.80 an hourFull-timeJob Number 23058787 Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations Location The St. Regis San Francisco, 125 Third Street, San Francisco, California, United8 minute agoShareSan Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District/South Beach area)+13 locations
Busser Food RunnerMarriott International, IncFull-timeAdditional Information AM Shift Job Number 23058751 Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location The St. Regis Atlanta, 88 West Paces Ferry Rd, Atlanta,8 minute agoShareAtlanta, GA (Peachtree Heights West area)+11 locations
Clerk of RecordsBread Financial$22.85 - $41.40 an hourFull-timeEvery career journey is personal. That's why we empower you with the tools and support to create your own success story. Be challenged. Be heard. Be valued. Be8 minute agoShareRemote
Claims Summer TempSIRVAEstimated $37.6K - $47.6K a yearFull-timeJob Summary: The Claims Temp will be responsible for handling claims which may include government or commercial accounts and consumer customers, in an accurate and1 hour agoShareRemote