Lead Support Analyst (Samrand) - G4S Deposita - South Africa
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.Job Introduction:
Lead Support Analyst
G4S Cash Solutions has a vacancy for a Lead Support Analyst based in Samrand.
Reporting to the Head of Software Development, the Lead Support Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the Software Support process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which Software Support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.Role Responsibility:
- Analyse financial requirement for area under control and assist line manager with relevant information required for the annual budgeting process:
- Investigate budget variances and give input for monthly budget variance report.
- Manage overtime worked by subordinates to ensure cost effective operations in area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the creation of SLAs with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on agreed SLAs and investigate non-compliance with set targets.
- Build relationships with key business stakeholders to facilitate healthy interdepartmental partnerships.
- Meet as per agreed intervals with vendors to review SLAs and take appropriate action where required.
- Analyse and co-ordinate Tier I and II tasks to be performed by delegating work packages to subordinates.
- Be fully versed with all IT business systems under area of responsibility to facilitate advanced Tier I and II support to organisation.
- Escalate Tier II task to Tier III support if the work package is change related or Tier II staff do not have authorisations to required settings.
- Ensure that staff performs appropriate analysis before attempting the resolution of a work package in order to facilitate efficient resolution.
- Facilitate effective resolution of work packages according to set policies and procedures.
- Up-skill staff to understand the implications of the solutions implemented.
- Monitor quality of Tier II support to ensure appropriate resolution of completed tasks.
- Educate users in the appropriate use of ICT business systems.
- Highlight identified problems via trend analysis to line manager so that appropriate actions can be implemented to resolve identified problem.
- Monitor adherence to SLA for allocated work packages and take appropriate action to address lagging items.
- Ensure daily housekeeping tasks are performed to ensure systems are operational and that identified issues are resolved within set limits.
- Implement preventative maintenance tasks to ensure system uptime is as per SLA.
- Submit departmental report according to agreed timelines to line manager highlighting successes and challenges.
- Ensure subordinates facilitate Tier II system changes or enhancements according to set ICT change management methodology:
- Dictionary changes are recorded according to set framework.
- Actively participate in the resolution of daily work packages.
- Empower staff to assist in Tier III tasks to build capacity within the department and facilitate succession planning.
- Tier III tasks to be performed as per the ICT change management methodology.
Learning and Growth Perspective
- Conduct performance management and monitor performance on an on-going basis through mentoring, coaching and regular reviews.
- Investigate and put together appropriate steps to correct identified performance issues and monitor progress of initiated steps.
- Identify learning and development needs of subordinates and facilitate attendance of relevant programs.
- Ensure that subordinates develop sufficient knowledge and insight into the business operations so that they are able to supply Tier I and Tier II support.
- Ensure that subordinates are trained according to policy and procedures as defined by the organisation.
- Monitor staff time-keeping, absenteeism, leave and overtime to ensure adherence to Human Resource (HR) policies and cost containment.
- Facilitate individual and group meetings with subordinates on a regular basis to ensure regular two-way communication.
- Facilitate liaison of subordinates with industry colleagues to improve skills via user groups and seminars.
Governance, Control and Risk Compliance
- Contribute to the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and or Policies relevant to the area or responsibility.
- Manage revision of documentation according to stipulated timeframes.
- Ensure compliance to notification system by management of non-conformances according to set policies and procedures.
- Root Cause analyses to be done effectively.
- Corrective Action Plans to be properly designed/implemented to prevent future occurrences.
- Assist with preparation for internal and external audits and participate in auditing process.
- Ensure audit findings are addressed within agreed time frames by analysing findings and putting appropriate mitigating actions in place.
- Contribute to and monitor risk management database to ensure new risks are recorded and processes put in place to mitigate risks.
- Ensure mitigation actions are formulated, implemented and executed according to agreed timelines.
- Manage user authorisations by ensuring they are appropriate and up to date.
- Authorisations to be audited as per agreed timelines.
- Contribute to the formulation and simulation of disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Research and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and submit to line manager strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Collaborate with line manager to develop long term strategic plans in area of responsibility.
- Perform trend analysis for area of responsibility and identify possible projects for inclusion in business planning.
- Assist line manager with implementation of approved business plans.
Project Management Participation
- Assist in the development of project plans for projects impacting on area of responsibility.
- Ensure that adequate resources are allocated to projects as and when required.
- Ensure compliance to agreed timelines and budgets.
- Contribute to reporting on progress of projects.
- Attending meetings as and when required by project methodology.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant Business or ICT degree or studying towards relevant degree. (If studying towards degree incumbent to be appointed as designate).
- 5+ years in software support or 2-4 years as senior support analyst.
- Analytical Thinking and Attention to Detail
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Problem solving
- Planning and Organising
- Customer Service Orientation
- Organizational Awareness
- Knowledge Sharing
- Systems Competence
- Technical Skills
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Practical Execution Management
- Motivating people
- People Development
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Warehouse WorkerCMA CGMAt CEVA, we believe that logistics is a people business, that’s why we create an environment of trust and team spirit - we encourage initiative and we empower our1 hour agoShareUnited States
House Cleaning Professional - $750-1100/ week + tips + bonuses4 Senses luxury home services$22.50 an hourAre you a hardworking person? Do you want to join the best cleaning company in Madison and surrounding cities? 4 Senses luxury home services has a once-in-a-lifetime1 hour agoShareMadison, WI 53714
AM Caregiver (Full-Time, Full Benefits)TruCare Community$15 - $16 an hourNew Horizon Lodge is an assisted living facility located in Stanton, CA. We are currently seeking compassionate and dependable CAREGIVERS who have1 hour agoShareStanton, CA 90680
Amazon Delivery Station Warehouse AssociateAmazon HVH$16.90 an hourShift: Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun 01:20am - 11:50am Duration: Seasonal Start date: 2022-08-18 Amazon Delivery Station Warehouse Associate Job Overview1 hour agoShareUpper Marlboro, MD 20774100+ locations
Sr. Housekeeper - $24.50/hrVacasa$24.50 an hourWhy Vacasa We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we're the largest1 hour agoShareGaribaldi, OR+11 locations