The Medical Receptionist is responsible for providing excellent customer service and creating a positive patient experience by ensuring efficiency from the registration process and through the check out process. The Receptionist will also perform functions such as managing in/out bound calls and scheduling/confirming appointments.
- Monday- Fridays
- 10:00am – 6:00pm
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide excellent customer service to ensure efficiency and patient satisfaction during the appointment
- Meets and greets patients on arrival; Maintains patient accounts by collecting and updating personal and financial information; Collects all co-payments and balances at time of service.
- Proficient use of the E.H.R. system as it relates to the Front Office/ Call Center Depts.
- Answer and screen telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients; Assists with managing the appointment schedule and provides updates to the provider or patient regarding possible delays.
- Assists with any inquires when patients arrive without an appointment (i.e. form inquires, prescription request or medical record request.)
- Ability to perform general office duties such as retrieve messages from voicemail; follow processes to route messages to appropriate dept; Maintains fax server,
- Generate excuse notes for patients; Scans documents for patients E.M.R and task documents to appropriate provider.
- Carries out any administrative task assigned by Practice Manager or Provider.
- Participates in department meetings and daily huddles.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines in maintaining patient confidentiality and Code of Conduct Policy.
Experience and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in customer service required
- Experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR) preferred.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Organizational, Administrative, and Customer Service skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Proficient in computer systems and navigation with MS Office software and utilize multi-line telephone systems.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently with daily responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CTO Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As of the first day of employment, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or must be willing and able to receive all required vaccinations including COVID-19.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mental Health
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute:
- Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- On-the-job training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Private practice
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
SchedulerLawrence Livermore National LaboratoryEstimated $92.9K - $118K a yearFull-timeCompany Description Join us and make YOUR mark on the World! Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United16 minute agoShareLivermore, CA 94550
Store ManagerH&M$67,004 - $75,379 a yearFull-timeWeekend availability +1Company Description Hiring Immediately! At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference. You’ll take on new17 minute agoShareWoodbridge, VA 22192
Client Engagement AssociateT. Rowe PriceEstimated $57.3K - $72.6K a yearFull-timeThere is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment28 minute agoShareOwings Mills, MD
Assistant Administrator for Large RCFE (Long Beach, CA)TruCare Community$62,000 - $70,000 a yearWeekend availability +1Assistant Administrator for Chateau of Long Beach! Chateau of Long Beach is an assisted living facility for the elderly (ages 59+) located in Long28 minute agoShareLong Beach, CA 90805+2 locations
Administrative Assistant and OnboardingSt. Mary's Medical Center$17.59 - $30.24 an hourFull-timeYou. You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an Administrative Assistant / Onboarding Coordinator. You know how to move fast. You know how to stay28 minute agoShareGrand Junction, CO 81501