New Jersey Clean Energy Advocate
Environment New Jersey is hiring an experienced advocate to protect public health and the environment by expanding to 100% clean renewable energy and reducing our dependence on fossil fuels. The Advocate will work with Environment New Jersey’s director and our national program team as well as with our organizers, stakeholders and key coalition allies to build momentum and expand support for New Jersey’s clean, renewable energy future.
For the last ten years, Environment New Jersey has played a leading role in building a bridge of New Jersey’s renewable energy future. We have helped achieve victories for the state’s environment to clean up our air and water and transition New Jersey to a clean energy economy – and to defend against the rollbacks and climate inaction at the state and national level. With new state leadership in the New Jersey State House and the second term for Gov. Murphy’s Administration, this is the time for the organization to be charting the path ahead for clean energy.
New Jersey has faced the direct impacts of extreme weather through increased flooding and nor’easters, extreme weather events like derechos and Hurricane Ida, Sandy and Irene. But we also continue to have a robust clean energy sector and solar program that has taken off in the last decade, producing more than 3 gigawatts of clean energy. The clean energy advocate will help us to reach our goal of expanding the state renewable portfolio standard, achieving our offshore wind goals and expanding energy efficiency programs, expanding our electric vehicle (EV) car infrastructure and expanding solar power and battery storage technology. The clean energy advocate will also work closely with the Jersey Renews climate and clean energy coalition.
- Campaign Coordination: Working with our staff and our campaign allies to win ongoing support for local, state and federal policies to support clean energy policies. This will include building partnerships with allies, especially in the clean energy sector, and being responsible for meeting our tactical campaign goals.
- Coalition Building: Cultivating relationships with diverse and powerful allies across the state and expanding the constituencies supporting our efforts. This will include building and working with a coalition of more than 50 key allies and getting them actively involved in our campaign including attending events, participating in press conferences, and tapping into their networks to promote our campaign.
- Media and Visibility: Getting the word out far and wide, in the media and through other channels is a critical part of our work. By elevating the issue in the public debate, we can better educate and motivate our supporters and hold decision-makers accountable. Opportunities for visibility will include releasing reports, writing and developing materials, including press releases, developing talking points, op-eds, letters to the editor, in addition to social media materials and doing outreach to the media.
- Grassroots Mobilization: Working with our staff to mobilize citizens in support of our campaigns both on and offline and develop new leaders. Providing compelling information and opportunities for action to our members and general public will be a critical component of winning our clean energy campaigns.
- Recruitment: Help recruit new interns and new volunteers to increase our impact and build more power.
Candidates must have at least 1-3 years of relevant professional experience. Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to environmental and public interest issues and to citizen-based social change, as well as a track record of leadership. Candidates must have the ability to work independently, oversee significant projects and exercise excellent judgment. We’re looking for goal-driven and results-oriented individuals who have excellent verbal, writing and analytical skills, the ability to speak persuasively in a charged atmosphere, and enthusiasm for the work.
Compensation and Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. Environment New Jersey offers a competitive benefits package.
COVID-19: We take COVID-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our COVID safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boostered. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law.
Environment New Jersey is part of The Public Interest Network, which operates and supports a group of organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Visit https://environmentamerica.org/core-values for things you should know about our network when you applyEnvironment New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer.
Data Management AssociateJPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.$71,250 - $103,000 a yearFull-timeThe CIB Chief Data Office Retention & Destruction (R&D) Governance team partners with CIB businesses, operations and technology to oversee and monitor adherence40 minute agoShareNew York, NY
Associate Director PV NC CAPAKenvue$113,000 - $170,000 a yearAssociate Director PV NC CAPA-2307001801W Description Johnson & Johnson New Planned Consumer Health Company is currently recruiting for an Associate2 hour agoShareRemote in Washington, NJ
Maintenance AssociateHomeGoodsStyle is never in short supply at our more than 500 HomeGoods stores and we are constantly on a mission to provide the little surprises and extra touches that make a2 hour agoShareHuntington Beach, CA 92647+2 locations
! Marshall's Stockroom AssociateMarshallsAll 1,000 of our Marshalls stores embrace discovery, from designer luggage to statement shoes. Our assortment of brands is always changing, but our mission to provide2 hour agoShareMeridian, ID 83646+3 locations
Customer Support AssociateTrue Link Financial AdvisorsEstimated $36.5K - $46.2K a yearFull-timeWeekend availabilityWe are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial solutions for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. We serve2 hour agoShareRemote