Providing Employment Opportunities in Lancaster County Since 1929!
Few restaurants can claim 93 years in business, but we can at Miller's Smorgasbord. We are a Lancaster County institution, known in Lancaster County and throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions. We've survived the Great Depression, recessions, Amish polio and now the COVID pandemic – so we must be doing a few things right. And to what do we owe our ongoing success –our exceptional staff and solid management team of course!
Here is your opportunity to be part of an exceptional team at Miller's Smorgasbord.
Our business is booming, and we are seeking a Receptionist who takes pride in his or her work, and ownership of the telephone position to ensure we are living up to our high standards and meeting the needs of our guests.
What we expect from you:
- A friendly, professional demeanor toward coworkers and guests – after all, our mission is to make people feel valued. We expect that of you, and we do our best to make YOU feel valued as well!
- Self-starter who owns the responsibilities of the role
- Reliable transportation and a commitment to show up on time to every shift - ready to work hard alongside your teammates
- Your commitment to our values of diversity, integrity, excellence, accountability, community, but especially - your willingness to have FUN!
Here's what we offer to you:
- $500 sign-on bonus, $100 after 30 days completed; $150 after 60 days completed and $250 after six months
- Ability to earn unlimited employee referral bonuses at $250 each – refer a hardworking friend, they get hired and you earn some extra cash!
- Opportunity to be part of something bigger (Thomas E. Strauss, Inc.) – work in your business unit, but choose to make extra cash or gain varied experience working in other businesses within the hospitality group. The more you know, the more you grow!
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive pay
- A “work-to-live”, not a “live-to-work” workplace!
Miller's Smorgasbord is part of the Thomas E. Strauss, Inc., hospitality group. Our other businesses include AmishView Inn and Suites, Smokehouse BBQ and Brews, The Quilt Shop at Miller's, The Bakery at Miller's and Locally Made Food Shop.
The Miller's Smorgasbord Receptionist is responsible for professionally answering the corporate phone lines, greeting visitors and taking reservations for Miller's Smorgasbord and Smokehouse BBQ and Brews. Approximately 20 hours/week, including evenings, weekends and holidays with the potential to become a full-time position. The ideal candidate must be dependable, organized, computer literate, and able to 'smile over the phone' as you handle multiple telephone lines. Join a great team of professionals in a corporate office setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering multiple phone lines.
- Taking reservations for Miller's Smorgasbord.
- Answering questions and giving information about our restaurants, properties and the area.
- Performing light office work.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Evenings and weekends
- Ability to follow safety protocols
- Display positive, professional and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to communicate with guests and co-workers effectively
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and able to follow directions
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may occasionally drive. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Thomas E. Strauss Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Job Type: Part-time
Judicial Services Assistant - Family Relations Center DivisionSacramento Superior Court$29.60 - $35.96 an hourFull-timeDescription Under general direction, performs a wide variety of specialized clerical and technical administrative duties for judicial officers,2 hour agoShareSacramento, CA 95826 (College-Glen area)
Front Desk AdministratorIvoclar$22 an hourPart-time +1Day shift +2Front Desk AdministratorLocation: Somerset, New Jersey Purpose Responsible for executing the day-to-day administrative and receptionist activities including: employee4 hour agoShareSomerset, NJ
ReceptionistChaffin Luhana LLP$14 - $18 an hourPart-timeMonday to Friday** IMPORTANT: TO APPLY ** You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions. Do NOT apply through the quick apply on12 hour agoShareRemote
Front Desk AssociateNew Age Property Associates$21.75 - $26.35 an hourFull-timeMonday to Friday +5We are looking for a pleasant Front Desk Associate to undertake all receptionist and clerical duties at the desk of our main entrance. You will be the “face”12 hour agoShareNew York, NY 10017 (Midtown area)
Workplace Experience ReceptionistCBREFull-timeJob ID 95574 Posted 01-Dec-2022 Service line GWS Segment Role type Full-time Areas of Interest Administrative, Customer Service Location(s) Tomball13 hour agoShareTomball, TX