As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust Under limited supervision, the Senior Designer collaborates with customers and sales representatives to create designs for new products, redesign packaging for existing products, and develop new uses for existing packages for the purpose of securing new business and expanding present business. The Senior Designer is integral to the total service team accessible to our customers. PCA offers customers the expertise of our Senior Designers to develop the optimal design solutions for their business. Senior Designers utilize proprietary PCA software and techniques to create packaging and Point of Purchase (POP) displays to help customers get noticed and get results in the marketplace. The Senior Designer is assigned projects which are typically more complex in nature and is expected to adapt procedures, processes, and techniques to accomplish the project.
- Apply advanced design skills in the creation of designs for packaging and/or point of service displays for new and existing products in accordance with PCA design and safety standards.
- Evaluate customer needs and expectations and translates them into drawings, designs, and prototypes within the manufacturing capabilities of the plant.
- Coordinate activities related to developing graphics, prototypes and samples, including vendor negotiations, designing dies, material availability, direction, troubleshooting, reviewing samples, testing, and redirection based on feedback and results.
- Coordinate multiple design projects to successful completion by effectively managing existing resources and procuring external sources as needed.
- Liaise with appropriate plant departments to ensure regular communication regarding project status, resource availability, design feasibility, and scheduling.
- Develop designs and recommends materials and production methods that will meet customer requirements and most efficiently utilize existing plant facilities and equipment.
- Create or secure samples of designs for customer inspection, production orders and/or division operation.
- Perform packaging and component testing, evaluates results, and advise sales, manufacturing, and customers of findings.
- Evaluate existing customer or prospective customer packaging for possible improvement in style, function, appearance, cost and/or ease of packaging as directed by supervisor.
- Conduct design reviews with customers.
- Generate product cost data, including estimation of run speeds, packaging costs material usages, and scrap factors.
- Provide advance technical assistance to the Sales Representatives and customer service representative regarding layouts, estimating, die making, order specifications, customer packaging procedures, and material handling techniques orders detailed artwork and printing dies, and approves printing press and die cut set-ups for initial order of new designs.
- Provide training, guidance and support to designers.
- Education equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, structural engineering, or packaging required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ previous experience with packaging and point of purchase display creation and design.
- Strong working knowledge of production methods, printing methods, materials, styles, and standard design forms and retail usage of packaging and point of purchase displays required.
- Strong working knowledge computer systems including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Computer Assisted Design (CAD) software.
Previous experience in project management.
- Experience in corrugated industry with a technical understanding of corrugated packaging design, cutting dies, converting machinery and printing.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong listening, evaluating, and problem solving skills. Ability to create alternative solutions and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with multiple audiences on procedures, policies, practices, and requests for information.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to network and build relationships with individuals of various experience and corporate levels both within and outside of the company.
- Solid financial and business operations analysis skills with the ability to identify opportunities for improvements.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills with the ability to create new business opportunities.
- Ability to quickly grasp the customer’s current situation and needs based on the current market environment and cross business objectives. Based on customer understanding, able to visualize and develop compelling design possibilities.
- Ability to engage in rapid experimentation of multiple design ideas and ability to learn from failed design concepts.
- Ability to be accessible, available and responsive to the customer and understand the customer’s point of view. Ability to advocate for customer needs to others and create mutual agreement on project scope.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Nomura Greentech – 2021 and 2022 Investment Banking Full-Time AnalystNOMURAJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Region Americas Division Nomura Greentech Location New York, San Francisco Program type Full1 hour agoShareNew York, NY+2 locations
Personal StylistNordstrom$13.55 - $50.00 an hourJob details Salary $13.55 - $50.00 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications High school1 hour agoShareMurray, UT 84107+41 locations
WordPress DesignerSharedTEAMSUp to $35 an hourJob details Salary Up to $35 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications High school or5 hour agoShareRemote
Executive Assistant to the President & CEONew Jersey Community CapitalReporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as5 hour agoShareNew Brunswick, NJ 08901+1 location
Nomura Greentech – 2021 and 2022 Investment Banking Full-Time AnalystNOMURAJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Region Americas Division Nomura Greentech Location New York, San Francisco Program type Full5 hour agoShareNew York, NY