Server - FT/PT and On Call
At Mennonite Village, we have a wonderful staff of cooks/servers who "bring it" day in and day out to produce and serve tasty meals and food in which we take great pride in. Full time work hours are scheduled between 6:30AM and 7:30PM offering a wonderful work/life balance. Part time includes after school and on weekends. Additionally, we value our employees and treat them with respect. Must be 16 and over. Students are encouraged to apply. Starts $15.00 - $16.88 DOE.
Please note under current temporary Oregon state mandate, all healthcare staff or those working in a healthcare setting must be fully vaccinated or have a qualifying medical or religious need for an accommodation.
- Assists in preparation and service of food in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as established policies and procedures.
- Takes residents orders and delivers food.
- Ensures that department is maintained in a clean and safe manner, checking cleaning schedules on a daily basis and keeping work areas clean at all times.
- Sets up dining room before each meal. Busses tables after each meal.
- Serves meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Makes only authorized substitutions and assists in food preparation for meals, parties, etc.
- Reports all hazardous equipment/conditions and accidents to Dining Services Director or Dining Assistant Manager.
- Establishes and maintains sanitary work environment through routine washing, sweeping, mopping, and garbage removal.
- Works in dish room washing dishes and following established health precautions.
- When applicable, depending on assigned venue, assists in checking special diets before meal distribution.
- When applicable, depending on assigned venue, follows meal plan, house and therapeutic diets, and portion control procedures.
- When applicable, depending on assigned venue, prepares and delivers snacks as required.
- Abides by the standards and procedures of the Mennonite Village Compliance and Privacy Program and Values and Expectations Statement.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is an essential function of the job.
- Supportive of the Mennonite Village philosophy.
- Related work experience in an institutional food service department or restaurant preferred.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain a Food Handlers card within 30 days of employment.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs. of food items, supplies or equipment.
- Ability to safely move frequently during work day, including lifting, carrying, standing, sitting, bending, reaching, twisting, and kneeling.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to safely operate stove and other cooking equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to work in hot and moist areas.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with the elderly.
Some of our many benefits:
Generous paid time off
Benefits available including medical, dental and vision for full time employees
Free 24/7 On-site Fitness Center
Employer retirement contributions
For more information on our history and mission, please see our website http://www.mennonitevillage.org
In order to be considered for employment, please click on the "Apply" button.
Mennonite Village is a drug free workplace. Criminal background check required for new hires. Background checks are processed through Department of Human Services and the State of Oregon Law Enforcement Data System (LEDS) and, if necessary, through the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). In addition, information may be obtained through the Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV), court records, and other states' data systems. Fingerprints may be required as part of the check. Certain abuse records will also be reviewed. For further information on ORS 443.004 impacting the criminal records check process and a listing of permanent crimes see https://www.oregon.gov/DHS/BUSINESS-SERVICES/CHC/Documents/Provider-PDQ-List.pdf
Mennonite Village is located at: 5353 Columbus St SE, Albany OR 97322
Keyword Kitchen waiter waitress table service food order wait staff dishwasher dishes
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Production SpecilaistEF Explore AmericaFull-timeJob Title: Production SpecialistDivision: EF Explore AmericaLocation: Washington, D.C.The Role When you work in operations at EF, you play a vital role in fulfilling30 second agoShareWashington, DC 20004 (Downtown area)
EDITORIAL AND DESKTOP PUBLISHING ASSISTANT, RUSSIANUnited NationsThis position is located in the Text-Processing Unit, Russian Translation Service, Documentation Division of the Department of General Assembly and Conference49 minute agoShareNew York, NY+2 locations
Customer Service Representative (Remote)Moen$35,500 a yearFull-timeMonday to FridayJob Description Moen is currently recruiting for remote call center agents. Training will begin March 20, 2023, with training hours of 9:00am-5:30pm EST. After50 minute agoShareRemote in United States+10 locations
Research Tec 1Los Alamos National Laboratory$44,900 - $69,200 a yearFull-timeWhat You Will Do Join the best and brightest minds in the world at one of the most innovative and creative multidisciplinary research institutions engaged in strategic1 hour agoShareLos Alamos, NM+6 locations
Customer Service Representative IWestern Sky Community CareEstimated $32.6K - $41.2K a yearFull-timeOn callYou could be the one who changes everything for our 26 million members as a Customer Care professional at Centene. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll1 hour agoShareHybrid remote in New Mexico+5 locations