Stewards Utility Cleaner - Full Time
The Grand Sierra Resort is seeking a talented and qualified individual to serve as a Utility Cleaner. The Utility Cleaner is responsible for heavy-duty cleaning/sanitation of kitchen equipment including stoves, hoods, ovens and appliances. Also cleans and maintains the dining area and restrooms. The applicant should have previous Stewarding and/or Environmental Services experience. Coordinate use of material and equipment in order to maintain the cleanliness/sanitation of each work station. Communicate all issues and concerns to supervisor or kitchen management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- This position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of kitchens within the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino.
- Sanitation of stoves/ovens, grills, hoods, steam tables, dishwashing machines, walls floors, etc. in kitchen, dining and restroom areas, using various body movements—including standing, reaching, climbing and stooping for various periods of time.
- Must inform supervisor if equipment is found to be faulty or broken.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items according to O.S.H.A. regulations.
- Change oil in deep fryer—lift fryer and drain oil, either by lifting the fryer bucket and/or releasing the drain lever on the bigger units. Clean fryer using scouring pad in a circular motion, replace oil.
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed to perform duties assigned to the stewarding department. Keep all equipment and supplies well organized.
- Operate, and maintain dish machines, glass machines, floor scrubbers and burnishing machines.
- Clean floors, mats and drains for sanitary reasons using mops, brooms, scrapers, scrubbers and chemicals.
- Remove dirty dishes from cooks line (or disassembly areas) and take to dish room for cleaning and re-stock cooks line with clean dishes.
- When needed maintain cleanliness of employee’s bathrooms by sweeping, mopping and scouring while bending kneeling and crouching.
- Lift from materials weighing from 1 – 50 pounds, up to 4 feet in height, and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds at a height of 4 feet.
Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 1 year experience in Stewarding and/ or Environmental Services in a kitchen or restaurant style setting; have a thorough knowledge of all cleaning procedures, equipment and supplies. Individual must have a track record of performing each essential responsibility satisfactorily. Provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to guests. Must be able to listen and respond to guest inquiries in a positive and professional manner.
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any combination of education, training, or experience listed that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Ability to communicate both oral and written English required. Bi-lingual is preferred. Exceptional communication skills with the ability to accurately communicate reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, clients, and general public.
Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure and calculate figures and amounts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are a must.
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and Outlook. Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate. Attend and participate in meetings in order to be informed of new rules, regulations and procedures and to discuss scheduling and/or other concerns of the Hotel and/or department. In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of functions to be determined based upon the particular needs of the Hotel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Custodial Sr SupervisorUniversity of Michigan$50,000 - $56,000 a yearFull-timeMonday to FridayHow to Apply A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should16 hour agoShareAnn Arbor, MI 48109
Assistant Controller - FERC Entities or JurisdictionsNATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER)$167,000 - $196,000 a yearFull-timeAbout us Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to18 hour agoShareBrooklyn, NY
Crew MemberPollo CamperoJob Description: Knowledge of proper safe handling techniques for all food or chemicals used Anticipates kitchen member needs by constantly evaluating environment1 day agoShareNew York, NY 10018 (Garment District area)
Team Manager & Assistant Team Manager Opportunities AvailableWhole Foods Market$20.05 - $35.00 an hour8 hour shift +2Are you a Foodie seeking a new and exciting management opportunity? Come join the Whole Foods Market team where you’ll work in a professional environment, with the2 day agoShareSt. Louis, MO 63144
Food Service AideCarePoint HealthPart-timeAbout Us: CarePoint Health is one of New Jersey’s leading health care systems comprised of three long-standing and highly-regarded hospitals – Christ2 day agoShareJersey City, NJ 07306 (The Heights area)