Stock Room Assistant
North Carolina State University - Raleigh, NC+1 location
$31,200 - $54,265 a yearFull-timeMonday to Friday
Job Posting InformationPosting Number PG193006SP
Internal Recruitment No
Working Title Stock Room Assistant
Anticipated Hiring Range $36,000 - $40,000
Work Schedule Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm (30 minute break)
Job Location Raleigh, NC
Department CVM Teaching Hospital
About the Department The NC State Veterinary Hospital (VH), established in 1983, is one of the highest rated veterinary academic medical centers in the country, serving communities throughout North Carolina as well as many other states. With over twenty clinical services staffed by board certified specialists, many of whom are not only nationally but also internationally renowned, the VH is on the cutting edge of veterinary medicine. Patients benefit from the combined expertise of multiple specialists utilizing a team approach to patient health care. Each year, nearly 25,000 patients are treated in the VH. The VH provides compassionate care, state of the art specialty health care, expert clinical instruction for 4th year veterinary students from College of Veterinary Medicine, and ongoing investigation of innovative techniques and procedures to further advance the field of veterinary medicine.
Essential Job Duties The Stock Room Assistant position is responsible for pulling inventory requests for Central Services & Pharmacy stockrooms including medical supplies, medications, surgical implants, and pet food. This position provides customer service to internal and external customers, answering questions concerning products used within the Veterinary Hospital (VH). This team member assists Shipping & Receiving with receiving shipments for the stockrooms.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Pull inventory based on approved inventory transfers for Central Services, Pharmacy, and Surgical implants to ensure the amount and product removed are accurate. Complete back counts when removing any items from the stockroom to ensure inventory is accurate.
- Deliver orders to the appropriate and assigned location for each inventory transfer.
- Monitor Central Services, Pharmacy, and Surgical Implant stockrooms to ensure items are in the correct location and accurate descriptions within the inventory system. Complete adjustments to stockroom shelving as new products are added or packaging changes for existing products.
- Assist with completing Direct Charges (direct bill order entry/invoices) for Central Services, Pharmacy, Surgical Implants, and Pet Food.
- Monitor the aging-stock expiration report and ensure items are dispositioned correctly at the end of each week.
- Complete cycle counts as an inventory discrepancy is identified and work with Purchasing Agents to enter inventory adjustments.
- Assist Shipping & Receiving Associate with receiving new shipments for Central Services, Pharmacy, and Surgical Implants.
Other Responsibilities Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Minimum Experience/Education
High school diploma or equivalency.
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience working with inventory in a veterinary or healthcare setting.
- Ability to provide excellent written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of MS Office (specifically WORD and EXCEL)
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds frequently and up to 90 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Associate’s degree in Purchasing Management or Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or Procurement and Contract Management
- 3+ years within a Veterinary Technician, Pharmacy Technician, or Purchasing role.
- 3+ years working directly with external clients
Required License or Certification Driver’s License
Valid NC Driver's License required Yes
Commercial Driver's License Required? No
Recruitment Dates and Special Instructions Job Open Date 01/31/2023
Earliest Close Date- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.) 02/06/2023
Notice to Applicants Please make sure that the work history listed on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume.
Special Instructions In addition to your application please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references.
Position Details Position Number 00044031
Position Type SHRA
Position Classification Band Title Support Services Associate
Position Classification Band Level Journey
Position Classification Salary Range $31,200 - $54,265
Salary Grade Equivalency GN05
Alternate Option If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week) 1.0
Appointment 12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse Weather Mandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency Events Mandatory - Medical Emergencies
Time Limited Position No
Time-Limited Appointment Length (if applicable)
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies? No
Department Id 192001 - CVM Teaching Hospital
AA/EEO NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process are welcome to contact 919-515-3148 to speak with a representative at the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected].
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Production Operator - Weekend NightsChurch & Dwight$23 an hourFull-timeWeekend availabilityA collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference. We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our2 hour agoShareYork, PA
Full Time Merchandiser (Stocker)Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated$125 a dayFull-timeWeekend availabilityRequisition ID: 142876 Posting Locations: Greenville Pay Range: $125/day - $135/day, depending on experience Rate Frequency: Daily Click HERE to View the Day2 hour agoShareGreenville, NC 27834+67 locations
Inbound Call Coordinator EntryElevance HealthFull-timeJob Family: Customer Care Type: Full time Date Posted: Mar 29, 2023 Req #: JR62685 Description Inbound Call Coordinator Entry Remote2 hour agoShareRemote in Denver, CO 80209
MED AssistantBrier Creek Country ClubEstimated $24.7K - $31.3K a yearWe are Invited. At Invited Clubs , work feels like play as you build relationships with your team and meet Members from all different backgrounds. Every time you step2 hour agoShareNorth Carolina
Banquet ServerValorHospitalityEstimated $21.3K - $27K a yearPart-timeTHE MINING EXCHANGE Built in 1902 as a stock exchange for local mining companies, The Mining Exchange, A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa lies in the hear of3 hour agoShareColorado Springs, CO