Strategy and Planning Consultant
Job details Salary $21 - $72 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications
Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
Analysis skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Lynne Carbone & Associates, Inc.
Job Announcement: Associate consultant
LCA is a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) which provides strategic planning, team development, executive coaching, organization redesign, business process re-engineering, organization assessment and development, specialized conference/ workshop design, and facilitation to various government agencies, non-profit organizations and private industry. The firm is on the GSA federal government schedule and provides the federal agencies government with a range of organization and management services. We hold large contracts with the National Oceanic Administration (NOAA) and the National Institutes of Health. Additionally, LCA supports the private sector, non-profit associations and professional societies.
This is a great opportunity for an individual completing a graduate degree in business or public administration. The work offers experiences and work with the profit and not for profit sectors providing customized services in: Strategic and Execution Planning, Organizational Development, Meeting Design and Facilitation, Teambuilding, Change Management, Organization Design, and Executive Coaching
This is a full-time position training under the VP of Strategy and Operation and will learn all phases of the firm’s consulting activities leading to assignments across the spectrum of LCA services.
Job Description & Duties
- Learn by participating in all facets of the LCA strategic planning process and system.
- Support the design and facilitation meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Develop programmatic workshops for leadership training and organizational development.
- Perform organization assessments and statistical reports.
- Prepare program materials for all phases: research, design and production.
- Generate reports utilizing LCA’s trademarked prioritization and decision tool program for the strategic and execution planning process.
- Conduct client specific research on emerging global trends and prepare papers for executives and clients.
- Prepare proposals to obtain contracts with potential clients.
- Prepare and edit reports, memos, letters and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Interface with clients, consultants and partners on project management efforts.
- Travel to meetings and conferences with President and other consultants.
Administrative Functions (Anticipated in the First Year)
- Perform maintaining records management systems, preparing and proofreading outgoing correspondence, and making sure office equipment is kept in good working order.
- Serve as website and server support including website updates, loading documents, and server troubleshooting.
- Interface with LCA Associates to collect and provide engagement program support.
- Interface with vendor and contract service providers.
- Assist with marketing efforts.
- Make travel arrangements for office personnel and associates.
- Provide logistical support, preparation, and participation for meetings, conferences, and trade shows.
- Edit session documents.
- Create PowerPoint presentations.
- Serve as the primary support function at off-site meetings and conferences to include:
- coordinating with the meeting room liaison
- setting up the meeting room
- real-time meeting documentation of discussions and agreements
- documentation of discussions and flip chart notes
- running copies at the meeting location
- package the final report a day or two after the meeting
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters level degree in business, organizational development, psychology, or related discipline.
- Relevant 2-3 years of work experience in program, project or organization/management support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with a high proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher). Desktop publishing and presentation software experience a plus.
- Flexibility and ability to perform under pressure are highly desirable.
- >60 WPM
- This position requires a self-motivated and disciplined individual who does not require constant supervision.
- Successful candidate has demonstrated a “go-getter” attitude in previous positions, is very organized and highly reliable and punctual.
- Successful candidate has demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of focus.
- Ability to travel to off-site meetings and conferences. (Car desirable but not required)
Additional Qualification Desired but Not Required
- Experience in providing services to both public and private sector organizations
- MBTI certification
- Meeting facilitation certification
- Salary negotiable based on level of experience and qualifications
- After training period, base salary plus additional consulting fee will apply.
- Metro or parking benefits
- Health insurance
Other Job commences October 15, 2021
Our office is located in downtown Bethesda, near the Bethesda Metro.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $72.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
We mostly are working from home but for onboarding l the new role we would go to the office once or twice a week. Vaccinations are required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bethesda, MD: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Master's (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Analysis skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: Multiple Locations
CS- Compliance Specialist-Remote PositionAdvantage Credit$18 an hourJob details Salary $18 an hour Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role On-going need to fill this role Qualifications Mortgage Auditing: 2 years5 hour agoShareRemote
Impact, Monitoring, and Evaluation (M&E) SpecialistAmerican StandardOverview: About SATO Created in 2012 with the aim to tackle the global sanitation challenge, SATO is an award-winning social business with the purpose to offer5 hour agoShareUnited States
Kitchen Manager $3,000 Hiring Bonus & Extra Vacation Days!CMX CinemasJob details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 2 Full Job Description CMX Cinemas Daytona 12 is excited to announce we are hiring! We believe it is5 hour agoShareDaytona Beach, FL 32114
Senior IS Project Manager - Temporary - 12 monthsProvidenceJob details Job Type Full-time Temporary Full Job Description Description: Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior IS Project Manager PSJH to our location6 hour agoShareRenton, WA 98057
Oliver Wyman - Executive Assistant - New YorkOliver Wyman GroupOliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized6 hour agoShareNew York, NY 10036+1 location