TNHM05-2022-04178-Dual Role Maintenance and Rural Striper-Lander
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Highway Maintenance Technician for our Rural Striping Crew in Basin, Wyoming. The Rural Striping Crew completes striping tasks throughout District 5 in Northwestern Wyoming. This employee will perform various maintenance duties to provide a safe, high-quality, and efficient transportation system under limited supervision.
Lander began as a small military post known as “Camp Augar” and was prominent for immigrants using South Pass. Lander, in all its natural beauty and location in the foothills of the Wind River Mountains, offers various outdoor activities such as fishing, hunting, camping, ATVing, rock climbing, hiking, snowmobiling, and cross country skiing. Sinks Canyon State Park, one of the best state parks around, is within seven miles of Lander. Wyoming is one of seven states with no income tax. View the following link to find out more about Lander and the surrounding areas: https://landerchamber.org/
Human Resource Contact: 307-568-3427 Kari Davis [email protected]
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
Maintains and operates complex equipment safely and proficiently.
- Trains incumbents in operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Under limited supervision, flags traffic and sets up traffic control devices.
- Operates single and tandem axle trucks, equipped with striper, auger, aerial lift equipment, plows, wing plow, sander, and chemical systems to remove snow and ice from roadway surfaces.
- Attends and completes all required training to obtain/ maintain required certifications, performs inspections, and learns new skills.
- Responsible for the rehabilitation of roadway surfaces and traffic control devices such as signs and highway striping.
- Communicates information to update others on work status and/or process effectiveness.
- Utilizes special computerized equipment.
- Performs duties involved in removing snow and ice from roadways.
Preference may be given to applicants with a current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with appropriate endorsements prior to employment.
Knowledge of state highway pavement marking and signing standards.
- Knowledge of specifications, standard plans, policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and traffic control standards.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and repair procedures.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials Response Procedures.
- Knowledge of Federal and State requirements for proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Knowledge of basic equipment operation for single and tandem axle trucks, loaders, and tractors.
- Knowledge of Safe Work Procedures, First Aid and CPR, Material Safety Data Sheets for chemicals used in completing tasks.
Education & Experience Substitution: 2-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Highway Maintenance/Highway Construction) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Highway Maintenance Assistant
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must have the ability to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License
Associate's Degree (typically in Engineering)
0-1 year of progressive work experience (typically in Highway Maintenance/Highway Construction) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Highway Maintenance Assistant
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have the ability to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent use of manual and powered hand tools.
- Daily use of motor vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Frequent exposure to hazardous materials.
- Ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds independently.
- Ability to stand/sit and operate equipment for long periods.
- Work in adverse environmental conditions, which may include but not be limited to rain, snow, heat, and hail.
- Ability to walk extended periods on even and uneven ground.
- Working around high-speed traffic and heavy construction equipment.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- WYDOT will conduct motor vehicle record checks to verify a valid driver's license.
- Individuals in this classification must pass a pre-employment drug screening and/or physical and will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Individuals in this classification must be available for emergency work calls at any time, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Acceptance of an appointment to this classification signifies that the individual is aware of this requirement and will comply with it. Failure to be available for emergency work without an acceptable excuse will be grounds for immediate disciplinary action and possible dismissal.
- Individuals must report to the department Shop within 30 minutes of receiving a call.
- Frequent overnight travel is required.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Certification to operate specified equipment as directed by WYDOT.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Certificate of course completion of Defensive Driving.
- Must have the ability to obtain a First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Flagger certification.
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free Workplace.
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
045-Department of Transportation - WYDOT-Chief Engineer - District Maintenance
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
There are many benefits to living and working in Wyoming. Beautiful country with wide-open spaces and clean air, great recreational opportunities, and no State income tax to mention a few! In addition, the State of Wyoming offers State employees a very generous benefits package. Please click here for more information on the State of Wyoming employee benefits*.
Team LeadMedicus ITEstimated $85.8K - $109K a yearOn callTeam Lead Overview Manages and leads a team of IT Systems Engineers and Technicians. Communicates company goals, safety practices, and deadlines to team.1 minute agoShareChandler, AZ 85224
Team Member (Full & Part Time Storewide Opportunities)Whole Foods MarketFull-time +18 hour shift +2Hiring Immediately! Our Chambers Bay location is hiring Team Members in various departments. Apply once to be considered for all current Full and Part-Time openings at2 minute agoShareUniversity Place, WA 98466
FOOD SVC WORKER IUniversity of Michigan$36,338 - $37,627 a yearFull-timeWeekend availability +1How to Apply You must submit a resume in order to be considered for this position. #studentlife Summary You will be part of a new2 minute agoShareAnn Arbor, MI 48109
KITCHEN CLEANERUniversity of Michigan$18.69 - $19.31 an hourFull-timeHow to Apply You must submit a resume in order to be considered for this position. #studentlife Why Work at Michigan? Earn a2 minute agoShareAnn Arbor, MI 48109
Freelance Content WriterCozymealDiscover. Savor. Connect. Welcome to the chef's table. Cozymeal is the leading global marketplace featuring the best culinary experiences and products, including2 minute agoShareRemote in Seattle, WA