Technical Artist: Animation (All Levels)
Rockstar Games San Diego & TorontoSalary
Carlsbad, United StatesCountry
United StatesIndustry sector
ArtJob start date
Permanent | Full TimeRemote / Hybrid
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is looking for an experienced and passionate technical artist focused on building animation tools to help assist and develop new technology for future titles as well as improve on existing technology and tools.
A person taking on this role will be creating and updating python-based tools, improving pipelines currently in place, and managing workflows for the very large number of files and assets that make up our games while supporting the animation team. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a DCC package such as MotionBuilder or Maya, while possessing a good foundation and core knowledge of object-oriented programming with a background working on tools for animation within 3D software.
In addition to technical skills, it is important that a candidate holds strong soft skills and can work well in a highly cooperative environment. This position involves working together with many others in different roles and the ability to work collaboratively as a trustworthy member of the team is essential.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's unique game development studio in Carlsbad, California.
WHAT WE DO
- Interact closely with gameplay, cinematic, and facial animation teams in addition to tech art.
- Support animation pipelines and workflows.
- Work hand and hand with the motion capture pipeline team to ensure seamless back and forth between the mocap and animation departments and their processes.
- Continually innovate while solving technical problems throughout all phases of production.
- Design, develop, and support python tools and processes to extend/enhance the animation tools pipeline.
- Develop automated solutions to help process large amounts of data more efficiently.
- Help problem solve and diagnose unexpected issues within the realm of animation.
- Write clear documentation for tools and workflows created.
- A relevant degree or professional experience in the game industry as a Technical Artist or similar / related position.
- In the absence of the above; videos or an online portfolio with relevant examples of your work will be required so we can assess your skillset.
- Strong programming skills in Python with an understanding of best practices for clean, readable code.
- Experience working in a 3D package such as, but not limited to, MotionBuilder or Maya.
- Experience writing tools for animators and animation pipelines.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Familiarity with coding UI using PySide or PyQt.
- A strong understanding of motion capture and experience working with it.
- Knowledge of character setup and good rigging standards.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you've got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Human Resources RepresentativeCaterpillarEstimated $55.1K - $69.8K a yearFull-timeCareer Area: Human Resources Job Description: Your Impact Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc. Whether it be groundbreaking products, best-in-class solutions, or26 minute agoShareDenison, TX 75020+1 location
Director, Biometric Health Services OperationsHealth AdvocateEstimated $62.7K - $79.4K a yearFull-timeWhy is Health Advocate a great place to work? For starters, Health Advocate employees enjoy helping people every single day. Employees are given the training they need36 minute agoShareRemote
BFT - Clinical Research Coordinator for The Healthcare Transformation Lab- Spanish and/or Portuguese speaking preferredMassachusetts General Hospital(MGH)Part-time +1Day shiftBFT - Clinical Research Coordinator for The Healthcare Transformation Lab- Spanish and/or Portuguese speaking preferred - (3224336) General Summary The37 minute agoShareBoston, MA 02114 (West End area)
Product Manager II, Learning and EducationFull-timeNote: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY,37 minute agoShareNew York, NY (Chelsea area)
Intelligence Research SpecialistUS Department of State - Agency Wide$74,950 - $97,430 a yearDuties Collects, organizes, and analyzes intelligence data dealing with suspected fraudulent use of U.S. Consular issued documents. Analyzes data related to1 hour agoShareRosslyn, VA 22209 (Radnor-Ft Myer Heights area)