Applies regulations and procedures to determine eligibility for public assistance programs and referrals for human services. Technicians learn and apply rules and regulations with a moderate degree of independence in the assigned program area of the Department of Human Services.Examples of Duties Essential Job Functions
- Gathers, assembles and reviews information from applicants and recipients regarding financial and non-financial criteria relevant to initial or continued eligibility.
- Verifies information by direct contact, collateral contacts, phone contacts and/or home visits.
- Enters and updates case/client information within the automated computer system.
- Informs applicants/recipients of the relevant requirements and benefits of program for which they may have eligibility; assists applicants with completing forms; secures documents; notifies applicants of appeal rights and procedures in response with notices generated by the computer.
- Maintains inquiry level access in multiple State and County computer systems for basic case information as necessary.
- Provides administrative support for assigned program including, but not limited to, maintaining records, verifying accuracy of records and compiling statistics and figures.
- Assists co-workers as necessary.
- Approves/denies applicants based upon review of case information, in accordance with program rules and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains case files; prepares necessary documentation to initiate, continue and modify public assistance; plans and organizes caseload to ensure that necessary work is completed in accordance with regulations relating to eligibility and timeliness.
- Maintains a caseload of clients encompassing multiple public assistance programs.
- Interviews clients to obtain general case information and requests supporting documentations from clients as necessary.
- Complex data entry through multiple County and State computer systems requiring detailed, specific program knowledge.
- Prepares documentation and cases for presentation in court hearings and serve as a representative at County and state evidentiary hearings or appeals; testify as necessary.
- Determines the need for recovery of funds or referral for fraud investigation and completes reports to the proper investigative resource in cases of suspected fraud.
- Keeps clients informed of changes in laws or regulations that may affect them.
- Performs other duties as necessary for performance of the job.
- Fills in for other staff as necessary and/or required.
- Attends meetings, classes and trainings as required or requested by supervisor.
- Encouraged to recommend changes to improve procedures that would result in efficiencies, cost savings and safety.
- Communicates actively, clearly and regularly with supervisor and co-workers on all work-related topics.
- Understands, observes and complies with all Governmental, Pueblo County and Departmental policies, procedures and protocols when performing job duties.
- Possesses excellent oral and written skills to communicate effectively.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Pueblo County employees from same or different departments/offices, entities and customers.
- Effectively manages multiple projects at once.
- Effectively deals with stressful situations.
- Easily adapts to sudden and unexpected changes in work assignments.
Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesBasic Proficiency:
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of applicable court procedures, documents and legal terminology.
- Working knowledge of public assistance programs and other community agencies that provide assistance to clients.
- Skill in interviewing customers to obtain required program information.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Principles and concepts of human behavior.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, difficult clients and the public.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and databases.
- Ability to navigate a variety of complex computer systems and other interfaces related to assigned program.
- Community resources including medical, social, educational, financial and residential.
- Scope and application of rules and regulations related to local, State and Federal public assistance programs.
- Record keeping and reporting procedures.
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply program, department, County, State and Federal rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Accomplishes the assigned workload in a timely manner and meet established performance standards and objectives.
- Maintains sensitive and confidential information.
- Provides professional customer service to clients and public.
- Performs duties independently without close supervision.
- Detects errors and make corrections.
- Possesses a high degree of ability to organize data and work.
Supplemental Information ************THIS JOB POSTIING WILL BE USED TO FILL MULIPLE POSITIONS WITHIN DHS***********
2022 EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY
- New Years Day (observed)– January 3rd
- MLK, Jr. Day – January 17th
- President's Day – February 21st
- Memorial Day – May 30th
- Juneteenth Day (observed) - June 20th
- Independence Day – July 4th
- Early Release (
NV Commercial Business TechnicianEnd 2 End$700 - $1,250 a weekNo Experience? No problem! Experience is not required! End 2 End offers a comprehensive paid training program, allowing you to earn while you learn! Training at End4 hour agoShareRemote in North Las Vegas, NV 89030+2 locations
New Flyer of America - Decal Technician - 1st and 2nd Shift - Up to $22.85/hourNFIUp to $22.85 an hourNew Flyer is North America's heavy-duty transit bus leader and offers the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior® and Xcelsior CHARGE®21 hour agoShareSaint Cloud, MN+1 location
Computer TechnicianRepowerIT$13 - $19 an hourWe hire students! If you are a college student, we offer flexible hours as your semester schedule changes. If you are a high school student, we participate in the Work1 day agoShareGuyton, GA 31312
YourIT is looking for a Service Manager Tech!Custom Growth Solutions$45,000 - $50,000 a yearYourIT, located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma is looking for a full time IT Service Ninja to add to our growing team. This position will grow into a leadership level1 day agoShareOklahoma City, OK 73132
Embroidery Technician - Farmingdale, New YorkChristian Dior CoutureCompany: Christian Dior Couture Country / Region : United States City : New York Business group: Fashion & Leather1 day agoShareNew York, NY