Vice President, IT Strategy and Architecture
We better the lives of our customers and communities.Purpose
Please note: We are flexible with this role being based in one of our operating locations in North America
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
Due to continued growth and success across Liberty, we have built this new Senior Executive opportunity. The successful candidate will lead the work to define how Liberty will exploit technology as a critical aspect of the customer, stakeholder and employee value proposition.
Reporting to Executive Vice President, IT and Digital Transformation, you will be expected to develop positive relationships with the business leaders and facilitate connected thinking between the IT department and the organization.
You will have regular contact with external partners and are encouraged to develop a network of vendors, advisors, and peers through membership in a professional association, attendance at conferences and other events, and through the use of social networks.
Technology Leadership & Innovation: Seizes opportunities built by new technologies to facilitate innovation in business models, products, and services; uses information and technology to drive value into and from the customer experience; develops solutions for sophisticated business problems that require resourcefulness and creativity.
- Business Strategy: Contributes to the organization's growth using an understanding of the organization's industry, essential functions, products, services, customers, and competitors.
- Enterprise Architecture: Develops and is responsible for the Enterprise Architecture program; facilitates cross-enterprise integration by providing natural mutual points of engagement and communication both within and outside the organization; optimizes the delivery of business services at the enterprise level to realize the corporate strategy.
- Technology Investment Management: Leads the risk‐efficient investment of enterprise capital and other factors within the context of the organization's innovation goals; exploits ideas for change and handles them as a portfolio of assets.
- Solution development: Interacts with service providers and ensures their products are secure, coordinated, and efficient; establishes a converged cloud approach and runs the lifecycle of the services requested by the business.
- Stakeholder management: Identifies, builds and maintains formal and informal networks and constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. It includes leveraging stakeholders to influence positive outcomes for the organization.
- Data stewardship: Helps to drive the growth of the organization through better management and delivery of data throughout the enterprise.
Education and Experience
A graduate degree in Business or Management supported by a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or another related field with an IT focus is preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record to architect and present technology alternatives based on a business concept.
- At least ten years of experience leading strategic business transformation initiatives and significant development programs.
- A minimum of five years of experience in strategic planning and technology architecture
- Proven experience with technologies such as ERP, collaboration tools, data collection, consolidation and analytic/business intelligence tools, social networking platforms, etc.
- Leadership and stakeholder relationship management (external and internal).
- Proven knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws and other industry-relevant regulations.
Who we are
We know that the services we provide directly affect and are essential to our customers’ quality of life and wellbeing. From homes to hospitals, elder-care facilities to elementary schools, our customers depend on our ability to continue to provide safe and reliable energy and water services. For more than 30 years, Liberty has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our renewable energy and regulated utility services into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Today, Liberty provides regulated water, electricity, and natural gas utility services to over 807,000 customers in the United States and Canada. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represents over 2 gigawatts (GW) of installed capacity and more than 1.6 GW of renewable energy projects under construction.
Through embedding sustainability in our day-to-day business decisions and putting our customers first in all that we do, we know that we can do well by doing good. We recognize that we have a role to play in leading the energy transition towards greener solutions for our customers and communities. And, our recent recognition in the 2020 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and as one of the Top 10 of Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World ranking are testaments to our work in sustainability.
About Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp:
Liberty is a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (“Algonquin”). Algonquin is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $11 billion of total assets. Common shares, preferred shares, and installment receipts are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols AQN, AQN.PR.A, AQN.PR.D, and AQN.IR. APUC's common shares are also listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AQN.
Visit our Careers Site at https://jobs.libertyenergyandwater.com/
Follow us on Twitter and join the conversation! @AQN_Utilities & @AQN_Careers
What we offer
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team.
Executive Assistant to the President & CEONew Jersey Community CapitalReporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as6 hour agoShareNew Brunswick, NJ 08901+1 location
Impact, Monitoring, and Evaluation (M&E) SpecialistAmerican StandardOverview: About SATO Created in 2012 with the aim to tackle the global sanitation challenge, SATO is an award-winning social business with the purpose to offer6 hour agoShareUnited States
Senior IS Project Manager - Temporary - 12 monthsProvidenceJob details Job Type Full-time Temporary Full Job Description Description: Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior IS Project Manager PSJH to our location7 hour agoShareRenton, WA 98057
Oliver Wyman - Executive Assistant - New YorkOliver Wyman GroupOliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized7 hour agoShareNew York, NY 10036+1 location
Director of Content and CommunicationsEasyHealthJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Who Are We? Do you want to be part of a passionate team fixing our broken healthcare system? EasyHealth is on a19 hour agoShareUnited States