Athletic Trainer/ST - Phillip O Berry High School
Job Req ID: 402701
Position Number: 00130280
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Flexible with athletic events. Typically 8 hours with nights and weekends
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Sports Medicine/Events
Location: Corporate Operations
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.Job Summary
Evaluates, plans, directs, and administers programs of athletic training to restore function, prevent disability, and help athletes reach their maximum level of independence. Performs supervisory duties and participates in continuing education. Works closely with other disciplines and specialties within the department and facility as well as with athletes and families to assure a cohesive approach to athlete care.
- Evaluates athletes and sports related injuries, designs and implements athletic training for rehabilitation and reconditioning, establishes a care plan to include necessary activities and athlete education as warranted by the athlete's diagnosis and condition.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician, athlete, and/or family as evidenced by documentation.
- Communicates athlete's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff and coordinates athlete's schedule, treatment programs, discharge planning, and recommends solutions to athlete care problems.
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress reports, daily treatment notes, attendance records, athlete/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and changes as needed.
- Re-evaluates athletes as needed, modifying goals and treatment as the athlete's status changes.
- Applies strapping, bandaging, or bracing designed to prevent or protect athletes from injury and identifies need for and utilizes appropriate assistive devices.
- Provides and documents athlete and family education in and family education in regard to deficits, progress toward goals, and therapeutic techniques, with individualized instruction for a home program.
- Assists with orienting new staff and directs and supervises activities of athletic training students and volunteers involved in administering care to athletes.
- Provides cross-coverage as needed throughout Carolina Healthcare System facilities and on-site athletic training coverage at sporting events.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with athletes, staff, family, visitors, etc. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and normal language/cognitive skills. Must be able to push athletes in a wheelchair or stretchers. Lifting of athletes, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 100 pounds rarely. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Must be able to transfer athletes. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to athletes/caregivers. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Athletic Training (AT) from an accredited AT education program required. Successful completion of the Certification Examination through the National Council for AT required. Licensed in NC or SC as an AT required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Medical Assistant San Bernardino (872971)Optum Local Care DeliveryMedical Assistant San Bernardino (872971) Position Description Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration34 minute agoShareSan Bernardino County, CA
Pharmacy Care Team Associate (874625)Optum Local Care DeliveryRequired Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED 4+ years of experience in a medical or pharmacy setting 2+ years of administrative support experience Must be able to34 minute agoShareSan Antonio, TX
Front Office Assistant - Little Rock, AR (876607)Optum Local Care DeliveryFront Office Assistant - Little Rock, AR (876607) Position Description Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient,34 minute agoShareLittle Rock, AR
Director Advisory Services, Healthcare Analytics - Telecommute (875815)Optum Advisory ServicesDirector Advisory Services, Healthcare Analytics - Telecommute (875815) Position Description No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is55 minute agoShareMinnesota
Business Analyst, Special Projects Coordinator - Phoenix, AZ (875125)Optum Local Care DeliveryBusiness Analyst, Special Projects Coordinator - Phoenix, AZ (875125) Position Description When you're setting the pace for change, it's not only challenging, it's55 minute agoSharePhoenix, AZ