The Payroll Administrator is responsible for managing all aspects of a semi-monthly and biweekly payroll within multiple states (Oklahoma, Arizona and Colorado). Responsibilities include the processing of payroll, payroll account reconciliations, manual check reconciliations, benefits billing reconciliation, and payroll audit preparation.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter who is gifted at problem-solving, pays great attention to detail, is deadline oriented, and an expert at using payroll systems and Excel. The individual must maintain a high level of confidentiality while preparing and processing all data related to the payment of payroll and incentives.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Responsible for processing payroll according to a semi-monthly schedule for exempt employees and a biweekly schedule for non-exempt employees. Due to the two payroll schedules, payroll will be processed each week.
· Directs computation of pay according to company policy and state/federal regulations, including payroll deduction approval. Ensures that all federal, state, and local taxes, Social Security contributions, contributions to employee benefit programs and other deductions are withheld from individual paychecks.
· Ensures accurate calculation and delivery of employee pay and incentives, including base pay, overtime, commissions, and bonuses.
· Responsible for changes in tax status, direct deposit, benefits deductions, 401(k) loan payments, child support orders, garnishments, tax levies, terminations, etc. Audits data inputs for accuracy and makes any necessary corrections.
· Investigates and resolves questions and discrepancies relating to payroll. Works to find solutions and resolutions to unusual or problem transactions.
· Coordinates timekeeping and payroll systems, including systems upgrades. Runs missing punch reports and requests corrections from timekeeping managers. Responds to employee questions regarding the timekeeping system. Maintains paid time off accruals and unpaid leaves of absence.
· Maintains the payroll calendar for both a semi-monthly schedule for exempt employees and a bi-weekly schedule for non-exempt employees. Follow ups and communicates with managers and employees on unapproved timecards weekly and on-going to ensure the payroll cutoff deadlines are met.
· Analyzes payroll reports and ensures payroll and manual checks are calculated in accordance with all applicable requirements.
· Answers employee and manager queries promptly, via telephone or email communications by identifying the issue, researching problems, troubleshooting root cause, and taking corrective actions in order to ensure accurate payroll and high customer satisfaction.
· Primarily responsible for proper maintenance of payroll records in keeping with the record keeping policy and federal and state regulations in 3 states.
· Analyzes current payroll processes and make recommendations for best practices identifying areas of improvement. Conducts research and sets protocol to ensure compliance with employment and tax laws/regulations.
· Interfaces with internal and external auditors, providing information and documentation as required.
· Prepares process/procedure documentation and able to cross-train others in the HR Department payroll functions.
· Populates paid holidays and Volunteer Time Off in the timekeeping system.
· Assists with administration of employee benefit plans by running benefits census data, and reconciling benefits invoices. Ensures benefits invoicing is accurate and paid on time.
· Receives data files, reconciles reports, and distributes funds to third party administrator for 401(k) contributions and 401(k) loan payments.
· Provides data for nondiscrimination testing and benefits plan audits.
· Provides compensation reports as needed to the CFO and Personnel Committee for budget preparation.
· On an as-needed basis, provides compensation data for participation in salary studies/surveys and provides detailed and summary reports for senior management as needed.
· Administers the annual bonus and merit increase payroll.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other field with some credit hours in accounting. The equivalent combination of education and work experience may be substituted for the stated minimum education qualifications.
· Must have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), budgeting and of general ledger and payroll operations.
· Work toward achieving APA Certified Payroll Professional designation or a Licensed Payroll Certification Specialist through the NACPB.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum of 2 years work experience in the area of payroll administration processing multi-state payroll.
· Experience should demonstrate the ability to reconcile accounts, knowledge of payroll, and use MS Excel pivot tables.
· The equivalent combination of education and/or work experience may be substituted for the stated minimum experience qualifications.
· Experience using Paycom is a plus.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS):
· Highly proficient computer skills with the ability to effectively utilize the current software programs (Paycom, Jack Henry). Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and HRIS/Payroll systems, including advanced reporting capability.
· In-depth knowledge of multi-state payroll processes, payroll regulations, payroll systems and tax reporting.
· Knowledge of financial budget account analysis, tracking, and reporting.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral. Must be a team player with excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work with detailed information in an efficient and accurate manner, while meeting critical deadlines.
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
· Ability to analyze business and technical processes and determine ways for efficiency.
· Ability to maintain payroll and personnel data in strict confidence. Must be able to deal with difficult, sensitive, and confidential issues.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Payroll administration/processing: 2 years (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
Bookseller - PTBarnes & NobleFrom $15 an hourPart-timeTitle: Bookseller - PT Category: Retail EmploymentType: Part-Time Location: CO - Lakewood - West Village - 2877 LocationType: retail JobLocation: Golden,3 hour agoShareGolden, CO 80401
Human Resources GeneralistMoore Law Group$85,000 - $95,000 a yearFull-timeJOB OVERVIEW JOB TITLE HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST JOB ID HRGEN PREPARED BY SARAH MCCARTY FT/PT FULL TIME7 hour agoShareRemote
Bookseller - PTBarnes & NobleEstimated $19.6K - $24.8K a yearPart-timeTitle: Bookseller - PT Category: Retail EmploymentType: Part-Time Location: TX - Pearland - Pearland - 2336 LocationType: retail JobLocation: Pearland, Texas10 hour agoSharePearland, TX 77584
Recreation Coordinator-ProgramsCity of Lakewood, WA$32.92 - $41.12 an hourFull-time8 hour shift +2JOB SUMMARY This is an AFSCME represented position. This position is .75 FTE with a current end date of 12/31/2023, which may be extended. The City now11 hour agoShareLakewood, WA
Bookseller - PTBarnes & NobleEstimated $23K - $29.2K a yearTitle: Bookseller - PT Category: Retail EmploymentType: Part-Time Location: NJ - Hackensack - Hackensack - 3311 LocationType: retail JobLocation: Hackensack,12 hour agoShareHackensack, NJ 07601+126 locations