Underwriting Supervisor - Home Lending - Cleveland, OH
Underwriting Supervisor - Home Lending - Cleveland, OH Position Summary:
Management and Leadership Functions:
The qualified candidate will provide leadership and direction to a team of Underwriting or Quality Control professionals responsible for providing quality loan decisions on a variety of mortgage loan products. You will monitor workflow and ensure compliance within the team to Chase procedures. The Home Lending Underwriting Supervisor will be responsible for team performance as it pertains to loan quality, productivity, and expected turn times. You will be responsible for empowering your staff by providing them the tools and the training necessary to ensure they can excel in their jobs. You will manage productivity and efficiency of the team via reporting, system reviews, and management of work queues based on capacity and volumes. You and your staff will be required to interact with other internal and external partners as needed to achieve the highest quality and level of customer satisfaction.
Credit and Risk Oversight:
As a HL UW Supervisor you will ensure employee adherence to Chase credit policy and overlay guidelines and all applicable government regulations. You will instruct and lead your staff on how to interpret and apply credit guidelines and procedures when rendering loan decisions.
Chase is one of the largest U.S. providers of banking, lending, treasury, wealth management and investment services. Chase serves 50 million customers, including consumers, small businesses, mid-size companies, corporations, financial institutions, non-profits and governments. Chase's Home Lending business is ranked No. 2 in originations and in servicing, with 7 million mortgages representing a combined balance of $1 trillion. The focus of Chase's Home Lending business is to deliver an unmatched customer experience through building lasting relationships, exceeding expectations, being courteous and professional, doing the right thing and owning customer inquiries from start to finish.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of Residential Mortgage Credit and Collateral Underwriting
- Subject matter expert with regard to specialized systems and processes
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provides supportive feedback in a manner that helps foster a positive work environment while leading the team towards a common goal.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal business partners and external customers
- Follows and implements detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data
- Leads by example; fosters commitment and team spirit; undaunted by change and able to see the big picture
- Exercises discipline and resolves conflict fairly and constructively
- Demonstrates an ability to analyze risk and recommend an informed course of action
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage performance of team through proactive coaching, training and supporting employee development
- Anticipates problems; sees how a problem and its solution will affect other teams; gathers information before making decisions; weighs alternatives to arrive at reasonable decision
- Supervise a team of employees by monitoring workflow and ensuring compliance with Chase policy and procedure
- Maximize productivity and efficiency of the team by monitoring and managing work queues, assigning and adjusting workflow as volume dictates
- Manage team performance related to service delivery, quality expectations and productivity benchmarks
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring, training, terminations, promotions, transfers, disciplinary and salary actions.
-Three years of Underwriting, Quality Control or equivalent experience in the Mortgage Industry
- Prior management or Manager I experience preferred
- College degree preferred
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to articulate decisions and discuss options with confidence
Field Property Claims Adjuster, CatastropheLiberty Mutual Insurance$53,200 - $82,700 a yearAdvance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company! Are you looking to use your customer service skills in a role where you can see that you are making a28 minute agoShare
Human Resources AssociateGeorgia Southern University$30,900 a yearDeliver first line customer service support to the University on various Human Resources subject matters. Provide first point of contact support to58 minute agoShareUnited States
Sales Associate, Part-Time - Optimist Square - The SourceBellReq Id: 259973 The Source is Canada’s largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share cool tech and amazing brands with our fellow1 hour agoShareNiagara Falls, NY
Assistant BuyerTapestry IncSince its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life1 hour agoShareNew York City, NY
FT Supervisor Fashion ShowTapestry IncABOUT US Founded in 1993 with six sophisticated yet functional handbags, Kate Spade New York has grown into a global lifestyle brand of bags, ready-to-wear, jewelry,1 hour agoShareLas Vegas, NV