2022-2023 School Aide Posting - I.S. 220
Posted Date: Mar 29, 2023 Deadline: Apr 19, 2023
- Under the supervision of the principal or of a teacher, relieves teachers of school activities which do not require teaching or other professional skills
- Relieves teachers such as yard, hall, lavatory, study hall and other monitorial and patrol duties
- Handles, stores, and distributes text books, instructional supplies and special materials
- Assists with clerical work of a routine nature
- Assists in maintaining order in the lunchroom and facilitates lunch service
- Maintains school inventories
- Assists with school clerical work of a routine nature.
- Checks reports, notes, library lists, etc.
- Handles the arrival and departure of children transported to school by bus.
- Receives the children in the lunchroom, directs them in washing, in disposal of wraps, and in lining up for lunch service.
- Additional duties as requested by teacher or principals
- Facilitates the service of lunch to young children. Assists older children in obtaining lunch. Oversees the return of dishes and utensils and the disposal of refuse.
Minimum Selection Criteria
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to work with supervisors and other school-based staff
- Demonstrated history of good human relations
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently carry out assignments
- Bilingual candidates may be considered for schools with student or familial language needs
Anticipated Work Schedule
Monday-Friday. Hours vary by school. Minimum of 4 Hours per day, five days per weekSalary
As Per Collective Bargaining Agreement
School Name: I.S. 220
Location: 4812 9TH Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11220
School Contact: Mr. Sheldon Dempster, Principal
School Fax No. 718-431-2422
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
The Department of Education of the City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's actual or perceived sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or pregnancy. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.
Store AssociateCVS Health Retail$15.00 - $17.25 an hourRetail Store Associates play a meaningful role within the CVS Health family. At CVS Health, we’re shaping the future of health care for people, businesses, and8 minute agoShareColumbia, SC
Patron Services AssociateGulf Coast Symphony$15 - $17 an hourFull-time +1Day shift +3Job Description: Patron Services Associate Type of Employment: Hourly (Non-exempt) Pay Rate: $15-17/hr (overtime after 40 hours per week) Expected Start Date: July9 minute agoShareFort Myers, FL 33919
Team MemberPanera Bread | Hamra EnterprisesUp to $16 an hourFull-time +1Day shift +5**Weekend availability is preferred** Hamra Enterprises – awarded by Panera Bread for Best Culture in 2022, has great opportunities for driven people who are9 minute agoShareGeneva, IL 60134
Financial Operations AnalystElevance Health$22.31 - $40.15 an hourFull-timeJob Family: Finance and Actuarial Type: Full time Date Posted: Jun 01, 2023 Req #: JR74015 Description This position could primarily be remote, but proximity to18 minute agoShareRemote in Mason, OH+1 location
Operations Clerk - Juvenile Court & Probation ServicesShelby County, AL$37,502 - $56,243 a yearFull-timeJob Summary Work is performed for Juvenile Court and Probation Services and involves integral clerical and secretarial support to the entire Juvenile Court18 minute agoShareColumbiana, AL