New Orleans, LA
Admin - Business and Financial Services
Location: New Orleans, LA
The Accountant III for Tulane University's Accounting Office is responsible for analyzing financial information; preparing financial reports, as well as state and federal business tax returns; completing account reconciliations and journal entries; and, providing support with financial audits. The Accountant III also provides as needed training to university departments on accounting system capabilities, policies and procedures; and supports the Assistant Controller with other departmental projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office excel, word and other related software applications.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work assignments.
- Working knowledge of both state and federal business tax return polices, procedures and filing guidelines; specifically, federal tax return schedules 990 and 990-T.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories (e.g. GAAP)
- Ability to prepare financial reports, to review and analyze financial information and to maintain routine accounting data in appropriate ledgers and journals.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or Business and three (3) years' professional accounting experience.
- Accounting or experience in university setting
- Knowledge of National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) principles and theories.
This position is assigned to pay grade P3.26. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that
you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our
Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This position will close on 12/31/2019
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
© Copyright 2019 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.
Medical Office RepresentativeCommonSpirit HealthOverview For more than 70 years, Mercy Medical Center Redding has offered comprehensive health care in the North State, providing acute care and a full range of medical15 hour agoShareSan Francisco, CA
Amazon: Control Systems EngineerAmazonDESCRIPTIONAbout Maintenance at AmazonOperations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings3 day agoShareLeander, TX
Reimbursement AccountantAjulia Executive SearchAre you looking to make a career change to work in a regional referral center providing quality health services to the residents? This opportunity offers a competitive4 day agoShareMadison, NE
Physician - Family Medicine - OB - Family Medicine with Obstetrics Opportunity in Overland Park, KansasHCA -Hospital Corporation of AmericaCollege Park Family Care Center, a large multi-specialty group, is seeking a family medicine physician to join their expanding practice in 2021 and 2022. Qualified4 day agoShareOverland Park, KS
Machine Operator All Levels - starting at $17.48 an hour!Dart ContainerFrom $17.48 an hourJob details Salary From $17.48 an hour Full Job Description Machine Operator I Assist with set-up and operate high-speed process equipment. Operate different1 week agoShareChicago, IL