BIE, IXD Team
Amazon.com Services LLC - Remote
- Bachelor degree in computer science engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field
- Demonstrated ability to interact with business customers, gather requirements and deliver complete scalable and sustainable BI solutions
- 3+ years work experience in analytics field and working with relational Databases
- Self-driven, and showcases ability to deliver on fast paced projects using extremely large data sets
- Fluency in SQL, and deep understanding of ETL is a must.
- Conduct Business Deep-dive Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
- Hands On experience with scripting language like Python,R
Amazon is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE), Inbound Supply Chain, to improve inventory placement and inbound supply chain performance. The ideal candidate relishes working with large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts, and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. The candidate is an expert with business intelligence tools and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities where data-backed insights drive value creation. An effective communicator, the candidate crisply translates analysis result into executive-facing business terms. The candidate works aptly with internal and external teams to push the projects across the finishing line. The candidate is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoys working in a fast-paced and global team.
Supply Chain Innovation organization's core goal is centered on two key principles:
i) Innovation that positions the customer first.
ii) Solutions that spin the Amazon flywheel.
Our mission is to introduce simplicity, predictability, and economic efficiency to Amazon’s multifaceted supply chain than spans the globe. The Inbound Cross Dock (IXD) Team develops capabilities and business models that support Amazon’s needs for cost-effective, scalable e-commerce solutions including storage, distribution, and customer fulfillment.
Key job responsibilities
§ Interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions to drive insights and inform product, operations, and marketing decisions.
§ Interfacing with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL (Redshift, Oracle) and ability to use a programming and/or scripting language to process data for modeling
§ Evolve organization wide Self-Service platforms
§ Building metrics to analyze key inputs to forecasting systems
§ Leading complex analytical deep dives (Segmentation, A/B testing)
§ Recognizing and adopting best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Master’s degree in computer science engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field
- Effective spoken and written communication to senior audiences, including strong data presentation and visualization skills
- Experience and ability to effectively gather information from multiple data sources and deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools such as Tableau/QuickSight.
- Experience working with redshift, Cradle or other AWS tools is a plus
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]