A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.Summary
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to build a better world through business. Through our powerful ideas, purpose-driven leaders, and positive impact, we empower business leaders to improve the world. Learn more about Ross HERE.
As a member of the content team in the Office of Marketing and Communications, you will develop content for the Michigan Ross website and multiple other marketing channels, including emails and viewbooks/brochures. You must be an exceptional writer and proofreader with the ability to simplify information into precise and engaging content that meets Ross brand voice and style guidelines. You will report to the Director of Communications.Responsibilities*
Write and Edit:
- Create impactful marketing content to engage defined targeted audiences consistent with strategies.
- Develop an understanding of target audiences.
- Create and shape relevant marketing content for the Michigan Ross website and other marketing channels.
- Modify and adapt our marketing content to ensure grammatical accuracy and adherence to the Michigan Ross and U-M editorial style and brand voice.
- Proofread and fact check content for use in marketing materials, correspondence, school news and featured profiles, and other materials as assigned.
- Contribute to the development of marketing communications strategies for assigned programs/partner units across the school.
- Continue to collaborate with the brand and creative teams to ensure strategic plans are accomplished.
- Collaborate with the web and marketing intelligence team to ensure web content is search engine optimized.
- Contribute to an editorial content planning calendar.
- You will conduct interviews and background research for special projects as assigned.
- You will oversee and copy edit work assigned to students and freelance writers.
- You will contribute to our positive and inclusive work community by building trusting partnerships across the school, embracing a culture of learning, creating impactful experiences, and working for outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of proven experience as a copywriter, developing engaging marketing campaign content for a variety of channels, including websites, emails, print, and advertising.
- Advanced proofreading skills, including an ability to adapt tone and style for different target audiences.
- You have a high level of attention to detail.
- You are proficient in AP Style.
The general salary range for this position is $58,000 - $64,000. Candidates can expect to be paid a competitive and equitable salary. Factors used to determine salary include experience, knowledge and skills for the position. All candidates are encouraged to discuss salary questions to honor alignment and transparency throughout the recruiting process.
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off (Vacation, Holidays, Season Days)
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Flexible Work Program
- Ross Onsite Fitness Center
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.Application Deadline
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely. More information on this new policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
Job Opening ID
Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MIFull/Part Time
School Bus AdminDepartment
ROSS SCH MKTG & COMPosting Begin/End Date
9/30/2022 - 10/14/2022Salary
$58,000.00 - $64,000.00Career Interest
Communications & Marketing
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGERSET ActiveEstimated $44.3K - $56.1K a yearInternshipWeekend availability +1GENERAL: Develop and maintain strategies across all social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, TikTok, BeReal, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter1 hour agoShareLos Angeles, CA
Freelance CopywriterCopycat CopywritersUp to $50 an hourPart-timeMonday to FridayTo apply, please fill out our application form here: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/1eca7e56d595454cb0eaf78287eae0a2 Call us a clowder, a litter of copy-loving cats,4 hour agoShareRemote
Senior CopywriterHeartbeat$121,000 - $204,500 a yearFull-timeCompany Description Heartbeat is a healthcare marketing & creative agency, headquartered in NYC and powered by ~300 smart people all over the US. In the past four1 week agoShareNew York, NY 10014 (SoHo area)
Copywriter B to BResults NowUp to $50 an hourPart-timeMarketing agency seeks experienced usiness to Business to Business copywriter. Most copy is created for Manufacturers to their end users of their product nor service.1 week agoShareRemote
Junior Content WriterGogo Business aviationFull-timeOverview Gogo Business Aviation is looking for a Junior Copywriter. If you are starting your storytelling career and23-11-2022ShareHybrid remote in Broomfield, CO