G1-G6 Common Core Reading Teacher - Part Time
G1-G6 Common Core Reading Teacher – Part Time Online
JadeClass Education Singapore is an English-language training center that provides enrichment education to bright students who plan on attending university abroad. Our students vary in age from 5-13 and are carefully screened for English level, behavior, and motivation. We select motivated students and help them achieve success not just in testing but also in adapting to a Western-style learning environment.
We are seeking talented educators to collaborate with our existing team of teachers and curriculum designers. In particular, this person will have experience teaching primary level ELA/Literature and will be able to help us revise and expand our literature curriculum.
- Ensure a high quality for materials by reviewing and refining existing curriculum
- Develop new, comprehensive courses and materials
- Teach a range of new content
- Help students succeed through constructive grading of their work
At JES, we think you should get paid for the time and energy you devote to your classes, so course development and grading time are built into your compensation. Our provided materials take away some of the time spent planning individual lessons, leaving you free to focus on your curriculum objectives and your teaching.
During the winter semester, our lessons take place around the schedules of our students. Therefore, we arrange online classes during the following times:
- Mon to Fri: 17:00-21:00 (UTC+8)
- Sat & Sun: 17:00-21:00 (UTC+8)
Lessons can be assigned during any of the listed times, but we try to work within the teacher’s and students’ availabilities to set a time that works for everyone. Lessons scheduled back-to-back have a 15-minute break between them.
Our CCSS Reading courses place a teacher with 4-8 students for focused instruction over 12 lessons. Each week during the winter semester, the class meets online twice, through the program ClassIn, for an hour-long lesson, consisting of focused instruction on 1-2 Common Core skills, reading comprehension, discussion of the text, vocabulary building, and more. For each course, teachers develop comprehensive unit plans and lesson plans following Common Core State Standards for ELA.
- $100-$105 for Type A lessons (New lessons)
- This includes payment for the teaching of the lesson as well as for the time spent developing the lesson and its materials and providing feedback to students (Lesson feedback & Homework feedback).
- $90 for Type B lessons (Lessons developed by another teacher)
- This includes payment for the teaching of the lesson as well as for the time spent reading through and changing the previous teacher's materials and providing feedback to students (Lesson feedback & Homework feedback).
- $70 for Type C lessons (Lessons you have previously taught)
- This includes payment for the teaching of the lesson as well as payment for the time spent providing feedback to students (Lesson feedback & Homework feedback).
Remuneration is paid in USD through direct deposit on a monthly basis between the 10th and 12th of the month.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two years of teaching experience with relevant age groups (with references)
- Experience teaching ELA and/or Literature
- Teaching credential
- Strong communication, presentation, technology, and time management skills
- Familiarity with common teaching methods and an insight into how students learn
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work diligently and independently
- Positive attitude with an ability to receive feedback and adapt to new methodologies
- Neat and professional appearance
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor’s or higher in literature
- Experience developing course materials and assessments
- Experience teaching non-native speakers
- Fast & stable internet connection (≥20 Mbps)
- Desktop or laptop computer with the following:
- CPU: ≥ Intel i5 OR AMD Ryzen 5
- RAM: ≥ 4 GB
- OS: Windows 7 or later OR Mac OS 10 or later
- Resolution: ≥ 1280 x 720
- Headset with microphone
- Quiet, well-lit environment in which to teach
Please send the following documents. ALL DOCUMENTS are required for consideration for the position.
- Your up-to-date CV
- A professional photograph of yourself (think LinkedIn profile picture)
- A YouTube/Vimeo link to your 1-2 minute introductory video
- A screenshot of your device specifications (CPU, RAM, OS, Resolution)
- A link to your speedtest.net test results
- Your detailed availability for teaching during the schedule given above. Make sure your times are given in UTC+8.
If you meet the above requirements, you will be contacted for an interview with our Director of Online Learning.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $70.00 - $105.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Teaching: 2 years (Required)
- Teaching Certification (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Office ManagerPatenaude & Felix, APC$20 - $24 an hourFull-timeMonday to FridayPatenaude & Felix, APC is looking to hire a full-time Legal Assistant to join our firm Portland, Oregon office. Do you want to work for a law firm that offers you36 minute agoSharePortland, OR 97201 (Downtown area)
Copy Editor, CNNWarnerMediaFull-timeEvery great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here. Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of. Who We Are… When36 minute agoShareAtlanta, GA
Application Pursuit SpecialistSnowflake$176,000 - $276,000 a yearWe’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’36 minute agoShareRemote
TikTok Commerce - Category Manager - BeautyTikTok$73,000 - $130,000 a yearResponsibilities Company Overview TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global36 minute agoShareSan Francisco, CA+5 locations
New Logo Account ExecutiveServiceNow$139,800 - $238,200 a yearFull-timeCompany Description At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait,36 minute agoShareRemote in New York, NY 10165