Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in the U.S. We’re a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: VA Norfolk - US010A
Reporting to the Manager, Service Delivery, this position is responsible for coordinating release and entry processing for air and/or ocean shipments, including US Customs and/or PGA releases handle the processing of releases for clients with standard operations procedures. Knowledge of FTZ is a plus!KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of complex shipments.
- Create customs entries through proper selection of client and client records, interpretation of documentation for all clients' shipments, in a one-step process in National Service Center (NSC).
- Data entry of shipment information for release, rating and billing and ensuring that all mandatory fields are completed and accurate in NSCs.
- Ensure correct value for duty is reported based on invoice details and terms of sale. Establish correct value for duty and tariff treatment by selecting the correct keyword/HS code.
- In a professional manner, work with team members as required for missing documentation, information or instructions necessary to release a shipment in
- Verify documentation for release conditions, compliance and rating compliance (e.g., free trade certificates).
- Escalate two-step release requirements, authorization or release issue resolution to required team members.
- Participate fully with other team members in the day-to-day operation of Release Operations in NSCs.
- Endeavor to utilize and take advantage of system automation tools that are available to support release processing.
- Open file/data input for new shipments in relevant systems.
- Coordinate and prepare entry summary as needed.
- At time of release, monitor status of Customs and PGA releases.
- Ensure that all SOP's and business rules are adhered to following special client instructions, notes and alerts. Identify those that are missing or those that have become outdated or ineffective, making recommendations for change.
- Research and respond to requests for information from team or traffic in a professional manner via phone or email.
- Prioritize and complete work according to production supervisor direction, Customs requirements and Livingston standards.
- Maintain effective relationship with clients, carriers, forwarders, Customs, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Familiar with all applicable Customs laws, regulations, procedures and industry practices.
- Client service oriented.
- Organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Assertiveness in problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Detailed oriented.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to present a professional image.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel software.
Office equipment/machinery used: Personal computer and common business machines/software
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Membership and Database SpecialistAssociation for Jewish StudiesJob details Salary $30 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Full Job Description The Association for Jewish Studies, the largest11 hour agoShareNew York, NY
Patient Registration ClerkProvider's Choice Scribe ServicesJob details Salary $9 - $12 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 6 Qualifications High school or equivalent (Required) US work authorization11 hour agoShareSan Antonio, TX 78256
Billing and Payroll SpecialistVisiting AngelsJob details Salary $23 - $26 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications US work authorization (Required) Associate11 hour agoShareWheat Ridge, CO 80033
NOW HIRING! Restaurant Team Member - ALL SHIFTS - Wage + TIPS! (Southlands)Noodles & CompanyJob details Salary $13.50 - $16.50 an hour Job Type Full-time Part-time Number of hires for this role 6 Qualifications US work authorization (Required) Full11 hour agoShareAurora, CO 80016
Payroll SpecialistCornerstone ValleyJob details Salary $65,000 - $70,000 a year Job Type Full-time Temporary Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Payroll management: 1 year15 hour agoShareRemote