Laborer (Sawmill Production)
This job is as honest as it gets. Stand proud, and support your family, working for RSG Forest Products, a third-generation family-owned timber products company. RSG Forest Products was founded in 1971 in Mist, Oregon. Over the years we have had thousands of employees work with us earning a fair day’s pay for a fair day’s work. We are now one of the largest timber products companies in the Pacific Northwest.
We are expanding our production and need employees for a two shift operation.
Many types of positions are going to be available including laborers, operators, saw filers, and millwrights. Prior sawmill experience is great but is not required for many roles, so definitely apply if you think this position sounds interesting to you.
- The job is based at 985 NW 2nd St. Kalama, WA 98625.
- Day shift is an 8-hour shift working Monday to Friday.
- Swing shift is a 10 hour shift Monday to Thursday with 3 days off.
- Most entry level positions will start on swing shift.
- Starting salary is $15.00 for entry-level jobs.
- $15.00 to $20.00+ per hour with shift differential.
- Health and dental insurance.
- 401k match - 25% up to 6% of your salary.
- Paid holidays and vacation including PTO.
We are a family owned company, not some faceless mega-corporation. We worked our way up the ranks just like you will so we are not just a bunch of pencil pushers. As this is an entry-level role, there is plenty of room for advancement. Almost every senior employee at RSG started in entry-level positions with us. Our Plant Manager (27 years), Head Maintenance (25 years and 12 years), and Foremen (39 years and 30 years) all started on the ground floor and worked their way up. Depending on your performance, and availability of promotions, there will be opportunities for advancement.
Some employees have been promoted in as little as two weeks so coming to work every day, being on time, and putting in a solid day, will be recognized and rewarded.
As a Sawmill Laborer you will:
- Operate control panels to move lumber through the mill.
- Physically handle lumber so that every board is ready for the next operation.
- Keep the work area clean by shoveling wood chips and sawdust onto waste conveyors.
- Clean and maintain equipment.
- You have a safety first attitude and a healthy respect for machinery.
- You prefer working with your hands and keeping fit.
- You prefer to be on your feet all day.
- You are not shy about putting in some hard work.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You are punctual and reliable.
- Able to lift 50 lbs safely.
How to Apply:
- Come into our office in person Mon-Fri 7am-5pm.
- We are located at 985 NW 2nd St. Enter the plant site from Kingwood St. The office will be in front of you when you arrive.
- No need to apply online.
- Come see where you might start your new career!
Our employees' health and safety are paramount which is why we are a 100% drug-free company and require all new employees to provide a clean drug test as part of the employment process. Please do not apply if you are unable to pass a drug test.
About RSG Forest Products - Kalama
RSG Forest Products was founded in 1971 in Mist, Oregon with the purchase and expansion of the Olympic sawmill producing green Douglas Fir dimension. Since then the company has expanded both its production capacity and product line, building and acquiring sawmills in Kalama, Washington, and Estacada and Molalla, Oregon. Today the company is one of the largest lumber manufacturing concerns in the Pacific Northwest, producing green Douglas Fir dimension, kiln-dried Douglas Fir and Hem-fir dimension, as well as Western Red Cedar fencing. Much has changed since 1971, but RSG is still family-owned and committed to the same principles it was founded upon. Our production capacity, flexibility, and shipping know-how make the difference for our customers.
Junior AgentNEEREstimated $41.8K - $53K a yearNEER is growing! We are looking for a junior agent to join our team. We’re open to experience level, but ideally our candidate has previous experience in a junior5 hour agoShareRemote
Picture FramerGoldfeder/Kahan Framing GroupEstimated $43.2K - $54.8K a yearGK is currently taking applications for positions in the Production Department. Applicants are encouraged to have a minimum of 3-4 years in framing. However, interested5 hour agoShareNew York, NY 10013 (Tribeca area)
Production Operator A TeamII-VIEstimated $34.4K - $43.6K a yearFull-timeWeekend availability +1Come Join A Growing Company in Starkville, MS The Manufacturing Operator is responsible for working on multiple manufacturing projects as required by a supervisor and14 hour agoShareStarkville, MS 39759
AnchorCBS Television StationsEstimated $49K - $62K a yearFull-timeWeekend availabilityCBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming15 hour agoShareMiami, FL 33172
Luxury EV AdvisorLucid Motors$26 - $29 an hourFull-timeWeekend availability +2Join the Lucid Motors Team. At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend16 hour agoShareManhasset, NY