Library Technician I
Taft College - Taft, CA 93268
$17.90 - $23.88 an hour
Library Technician I Priority Application Deadline: Friday, December 20, 2019, open until filled. Anticipated Start Date: January 20, 2020 DEFINITION: Under general supervision performs a variety of clerical and technical duties; assists with the overall operation of the Library; assists students, faculty, staff and the public; performs related duties as assigned. REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES:
- Ensures order and proper use of the Library facility, equipment and materials following established processes, guidelines and policies.
- Assists with the maintenance of the Library collection.
- Assists students, faculty and the general public in researching and retrieving information from electronic and print media.
- Assists with creating student ID cards and public user ID cards
- Processes print and non-print materials for introduction into the library materials collection, including cataloging, preparing acquisitions in the online card catalog, typing and verifying labels and pockets, and affixing identification labels to materials.
- Maintain and create new book lists.
- Performs general office duties including computer entry and retrieval, filing, answering phones and reception.
- Assists with opening and closing duties.
- Processes and repairs instructional, reference and circulating materials.
- Disposes of damaged or outdated materials according to established procedures.
- Assists with maintaining budgets for the library by ordering supplies, posting encumbrances, and maintaining up to date account balances, verifies cash receipts, and prepares deposits.
- Maintains records and prepares reports, as needed.
- Assist in reviewing and maintaining the library website; assist in developing procedures and policies for remote access of library services through the website; create and maintain password file; correspond with remote access users; verify status of remote access users.
- Distributes and collects Library materials.
- Circulates, stores, and inventories books, periodicals, and audio visual materials including those that are overdue.
- Shelves new and returned materials (books, media, or periodicals) in the absence of student employees and assures data entry into the library system.
- Participates and assists with yearly library resource inventory.
- Assist instructors and receives direction on specific library or learning resources related projects, materials and student assignments.
- Performs basic reference services.
- Ensures Library equipment and materials are maintained and in proper working condition.
- Orders supplies.
- Assist patrons with the operation of copiers and printers.
- Provides technical services such as interlibrary loan, including those required for cooperative library system materials, and maintaining the course reserve collection.
- Coordinates, designs, and constructs library displays, bulletin boards, posters and signs.
- Associates degree or equivalent. Or any combination equivalent to one (1) year of college coursework and one (1) year of office experience which includes experience with computer software programs in the workplace.
- Possess the sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of community college students; and of staff and students with physical and learning disabilities.
- Working with the public in a customer service environment.
- Library experience or coursework in library technology.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Effective written and oral skills.
- Basic research and evaluation methods.
- Computer applications such as Word, Excel, e-mail and internet browsers.
- Vision sufficient to read documents and computer terminal displays.
- Speech and hearing to communicate in person or by telephone.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use a variety of office equipment, computer keyboards and to handle paper.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds such as paper and reports.
- Ability to bend and reach to retrieve and file supplies, equipment and documents.
- Cover Letter.
- Transcripts for related degrees, unofficial accepted.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Library Assistant ICounty of Marin, CA$4,119 - $4,869 a monthABOUT US At the County of Marin, our employees overwhelmingly report feeling their work is meaningful, they like the work they do and they are proud to tell people42 minute agoShareCalifornia
Library AssistantLyon County$14.46 - $23.14 an hourTo be considered for this position, an application MUST be submitted through our site, www.lyon-county.org/jobs Lyon County is currently accepting applications for a9 hour agoShareYerington, NV 89447
Customer Service Representative (CSR) WIC Program, Non-Civil ServiceCity of Dallas, TX$29,120 - $38,285 a yearUnder the supervision of the WIC Communications Manager II, answers telephone calls to the WIC Program Call Center. Provides excellent customer service and accurate1 day agoShareDallas, TX 75201 (Government District area)
Call Center Agent (Part Time Customer Service)THRIVASUp to $20 an hourSmall software development company is currently hiring a call center agent for their customer service department. This position is part time and will provide1 day agoShareSeattle, WA
ARCHIVES SPECIALISTUS Other Agencies and Independent OrganizationsDuties Summary This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration, Archival Operations - Fort Worth. As an Archives Specialist you will2 day agoShareFort Worth, TX