Manager, Billing and Collections
We seek an experienced Billing & Collections Manager to oversee the Firm's billing and collections functions across all offices, with responsibility for managing and directing the team of billing and collections staff. This role will work closely with Firm leadership in managing inventory to ensure timely billing and collections throughout the Firm. This position is available at any of our office locations across the country. Qualified remote candidates will also be considered.
- Oversee the timely and accurate production of all Firm billing, both paper and electronic. Lead the billing function to ensure compliance with the Firm's policies and procedures and adherence to client billing guidelines.
- Manage the collections function firm-wide. Administer the Firm's collection policies and procedures while maintaining client relationships and attorney support. Lead processes to support the timely receipt of receivables and attainment of monthly collection targets.
- Manage Firm billing and collections staff; recruit, train, and evaluate as necessary; develop staff through formal and informal coaching, mentoring, appropriate assignments, and annual performance reviews. Motivate staff to excel at what they do, to continue learning, and to support the Firm’s vision, values, and culture.
- Lead the Firm's inventory management function to support the Billing Committee in addressing timely billing and collections. Prepare various status reports and analyses for Firm management.
- Perform analysis to monitor billing and collection activities and identify and research shifts in inventory.
- Communicate with attorneys to ensure goals are met, clients are properly and timely billed, and attorneys are kept apprised of all relevant information regarding their clients.
- Serve as the point of contact for escalated attorney and administrative staff inquiries and ensure that all requests to billing and collections staff are acted upon appropriately and promptly.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to create efficiencies and cost savings and to maximize productivity and quality of work.
- Monitor and support effective use of Aderant systems as they relate to billing and collections.
- Ensure adherence to internal controls, accounting policies, and accounting procedures.
- Stay current with and advise of industry best practices, new developments, and trends in the areas of legal billing and collections.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally with a major in Business, Accounting, or Finance.
- 7+ years of relevant experience, with progressive responsibility; supervisory experience required.
- Experience with Aderant Expert Billing, Elite, or comparable legal billing software and familiarity with Aderant BillBlast or eBillingHub and vendors' electronic billing sites is preferred.
- Experience with Aderant Expert Collections, ARCS, or comparable legal collections software is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate across all levels and departments of the organization.
- Outstanding customer service and the ability to train others.
- Demonstrated management skills such as leadership, organizational ability, decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize various departmental responsibilities.
Knowledge and understanding of a broad range of accounting policies and procedures, with experience preferred in service industry billing and collections.
Looking for a Museum Expert - Sales Development RepresentativeSocial Good Software$18.25 - $24.95 an hourJob details Salary $18.25 - $24.95 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 2 to 4 Qualifications Day Shift (Required) English (Required) US1 week agoShareSandy, UT 84070
US - Sr Project Controls Specialist - Liquids Growth and Integrity & Maintenance ProjectsTC EnergyJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Sr Project Controls Specialist - Liquids Growth and I&M Projects Reference Code: 84463 Location:1 week agoShareHouston, TX (Downtown area)
Data Entry Clerk - Huntington, NYUnitedHealth GroupCombine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology1 week agoShareHuntington Station, NY 11746
Sr. Manager, Category Leadership and Guest Insights – National Foodservice and On PremiseThe Coca-Cola CompanySr. Manager, Category Leadership and Guest Insights – National Foodservice and On Premise POSITION OVERVIEW Come join the new Category Leadership organization1 week agoShareAtlanta, GA 30313 (Downtown area)
Manager, Customer ExperienceHotwireJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Manager, Customer Experience The future of travel depends on delivering an intuitive and low effort customer1 week agoShareSeattle, WA 98119 (Queen Anne area)