Amazon.com Services, Inc. - Los Angeles, CA
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas
- Continued meeting or exceeding of department performance goals
- 2+ years of work experience or a completed Associate’s Degree
Amazon’s Operations team is looking for Process Assistants to join its growing team! The role of Process Assistants will include performing production duties as needed: pick/pack orders, receive/stow product, ensure inventory accuracy, and unload/load trucks at or above the rate expectation for each task. Process Assistants will also be responsible for motivating others and keeping their work areas safe!
Things to know about working in an Amazon Operations Facility:
- We’re committed to providing a safe work environment. This means you wear a reflective vest, stretch and recognize others for working safely.
- We have a relaxed, casual dress code (as long as your attire meets our safety requirements).
- We work to regulate our sites as much as possible, but even with climate controls the noise and temperature levels can vary day to day. Hearing protection is available.
- You may be asked to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet, or on powered equipment (forklift, cherry picker, etc.)
Key Job Elements:
- Support and work in the department as required
- Helping support daily management of department duties, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and communicating with internal and external suppliers
- Providing vacation coverage for Area Managers
- Providing policy follow-up, attendance tracking (duties do not extend to discipline)
- Tracking and reporting of labor hours
- Assisting the floor as an associate resource, training associates and verifying SOP compliance
- Ensuring successful area performance, through tracking, reporting and feedback of associate performance
- Participating in Operational Excellence initiatives in some capacity
- Filling in as needed with production duties
- Fully understanding workflow and daily production goals
- Reviewing and updating SOP as required
- Assisting in keeping work area clean and organized
- Identifying and addressing safety hazards within the work area
- Coaching associates to work safely at all times
- Participating in safety initiatives
- Referring all job injuries immediately to area manager
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage starting on day one as well as 401(k) with company match, holiday/overtime pay and employee discounts. Relocation assistance is not provided.
For consideration, a resume must be uploaded to your profile! Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen.
- Education beyond High School, and/or prior experience managing employees
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels of Amazon associates and management
- Experience with an FC kaizen or Shingi event
- An awareness and willingness to use OE tools and techniques
- Experience working in Problem Solve a plus
- Leadership ability
- Respect from associates in production area
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
HousekeeperEmbassy Suites SpringfieldEmbassy Suites Springfield, a leader in the hospitality industry, is seeking an energetic Housekeeper. You will be responsible for changing linens and36 minute agoShareSpringfield, VA 22150+4 locations
HousemanHomewood Suites by Hilton Baton RougeHomewood Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, a leader in the hospitality industry, is seeking an energetic Houseman. You will be responsible for changing linens and37 minute agoShareBaton Rouge, LA 70808
CustodianJohns Manville$16.50 an hourWe are Hiring for a Custodian! Pay $16.50/Hour Shift: 8AM-4PM Monday-Friday At the Johns Manville BRAND NEW HILLSBORO facility, we manufacture insulation for37 minute agoShareHillsboro, TX 76645
HousekeeperHomewood Suites by Hilton PortsmouthHomewood Suites - Portsmouth, NH Hotel Phone Number: 603-427-5400 **** DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE HOTEL BUSINESS, THIS POSITION REQUIRES AVAILABILITY ON WEEKENDS37 minute agoSharePortsmouth, NH 03801+12 locations
HousemanCourtyard by Marriott Fort LauderdaleEstimated $22.2K - $28.2K a yearCourtyard Fort Lauderdale North Cypress Creek, a leader in the hospitality industry, is seeking an energetic Houseman for Part-Time hours. You will be responsible37 minute agoShareFort Lauderdale, FL 33309