SUPPORT COORDINATOR - REMOTE
Join a growing, visionary company pioneering an emerging health-care movement, empowering people to make their own choices and live independent lives. Palco provides technology and financial services to aid individuals and their families to thrive at home and in their communities. Palco employs over 100 people from 22 states and partners with governments and state agencies to provide various self-directed services to diverse populations. We remain committed to our fundamental mission to provide the best financial and support services to aid individuals and their families to thrive at home and in their communities.
We are a highly-organized company that offers, flexible working hours, a solid work/life balance, plenty of autonomy (no micromanagers here), generous paid time off, bonus potential and career advancement opportunities.
A Support Coordinator is similar to a case manager and is someone who guides, mentors, teaches, and supports individuals, the elderly and individuals with disabilities, who choose to self-direct Arkansas Medicaid services through the Independent Choices program. The Independent Choices program provides an alternative to institutional care for Medicaid participants by allowing them to age in place and receive personal care home- and community-based services in their own home. These services help people live independent lives in their own homes and communities. Palco Support Coordinators play a critical case management role with the Independent Choices program because they are responsible for evaluating participant success, re-teaching when the participant is having difficulty with program elements or making professional decisions, and documenting all interactions with each participant on their caseload.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with participants in their homes regularly and in accordance with established timelines.
- Record scheduled visits in Microsoft Outlook according to company guidelines.
- Demonstrate expertise of the Independent Choices program and Palco policies.
- Educate and mentor participants on their rights, responsibilities, and risks in the Independent Choices program; monitor and evaluate their ability to participate in the Independent Choices program.
- Use a person-centered approach in all interactions with participants.
- Thoroughly and accurately document visits with participants on a company-issued laptop using professional and detailed language.
- Log events and run reports electronically.
- Perform required administrative tasks daily to include calling to schedule and/or confirm upcoming visits and responding to company emails and calls.
- Follow operational procedures as defined by Palco.
- Participate in shadowing opportunities with new support coordinators as requested and attend and participate in periodic training sessions as required by Palco.
- Conduct participant trainings and distribute new information to participants on your caseload in a timely manner.
- Display care in use of company equipment and data in accordance with company policies.
- Keep participant information confidential and abide by HIPAA privacy practices.Other Essential Traits
- Must possess professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to electronically document visits.
- Must possess proficient skills with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to travel within a geographically established region to meet participants in their homes.
- Must be willing to work with people of all ages and disabilities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable mode of transportation.
- Must have and maintain active prepaid or contract cell phone plan for continual communication between participants, management, and/or company leadership.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, maltreatment check, and drug screening.
Education and Qualifications
- A minimum of three years of experience working with the public is required.
- Experience as a patient navigator, community connector, community health worker, lay health advisor, health educator, or case manager preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree or some college education is preferred.
- Proof of COVID vaccination required
- Travel is required
- Hourly rate based on relevant experience, education, and qualifications (rate also applies to travel time between participant homes).
- Benefits package offered according to employee classification.
- Auto stipend based on level of travel.
- Employer shared Health Insurance cost
- Employer paid Disability Insurance
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Simple IRA with Matching
- Bonus potential
- Remote work environment
- Paid holidays
Palco, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis.
Application Pursuit SpecialistSnowflake$176,000 - $276,000 a yearWe’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’15 minute agoShareRemote
Texas Program SpecialistParents As TeachersEstimated $41.2K - $52.1K a yearAPPLICANT MUST LIVE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS Position Summary The Texas (TX) Program Specialist is responsible for supporting Texas affiliates of PATNC. These programs15 minute agoShareRemote in St. Louis, MO 63146
TikTok Commerce - Category Manager - BeautyTikTok$73,000 - $130,000 a yearResponsibilities Company Overview TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global15 minute agoShareSan Francisco, CA+5 locations
Head of Nature-Based Research and MonitoringRubicon Carbon$120,000 - $185,000 a yearCompany Rubicon Carbon is a next-generation carbon solutions provider. Led by a world-class management team, Rubicon is an innovative platform that channels capital15 minute agoShareRemote in New York, NY
New Logo Account ExecutiveServiceNow$139,800 - $238,200 a yearFull-timeCompany Description At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait,15 minute agoShareRemote in New York, NY 10165