Sr. Associate or Associate - JPMorgan Wealth Management Analytics
Do you dream in petabytes? Are you constantly identifying new ways to leverage data to solve unknown problems and answer unasked questions? Would you like to be part of a team that seeks the stories in data that illuminate big investments that will best serve and delight clients? JPMorgan Chase needs curious, passionate statisticians, data scientists , and BI engineers to drive the transformation of data into insights that identify \"aha!\" moments and enable business breakthroughs.
The Data & Analytics team is the engine that powers JPMorgan Chase with insights to create competitive advantages for our business and deliver value for our customers. We have unified data and analytics talent across the firm and encompass a variety of disciplines including data science, reporting, quantitative analytics, and data governance. These teams leverage industry-leading techniques to create, curate, and convert data into meaningful insights that enable the firm to drive value and an outstanding customer experience.
The wealth management industry is rapidly changing, and JPMorgan Chase is transforming our U.S. wealth management business to accelerate growth. We are looking for talented quants to help execute our analytic strategies for the newly formed JPMorgan Wealth Management (JPMWM) business unit which includes our branch-based, remote, and home office advisory channels as well as our online investing digital platforms. The Data & Analytics team is central in understanding investment customers' financial needs and their interactions with our products, services, channels, and Advisors to drive growth.
These are vital, hands-on roles so we're looking for exceptionally creative, ambitious, \"data curious\" thinkers who can help to extract true business value from data. A typical day might include:
- Searching for collections of behaviors and events that individually are innocuous but collectively indicate a likely next action in order to enable timely, relevant outreach to an investment prospect
- Analyzing drivers of advisor performance to understand the relative impact of opportunity, behaviors, and effectiveness on acquisition and deepening outcomes
- Overlaying customer and channel behaviors across our local markets and branch footprint to determine how to optimize in-person and remote staffing
- Designing an Alteryx workflow to wrangle messy, unrefined data from disparate sources to be efficiently consumed at scale by an automated product scorecard
- Presenting a mock-up of a simple Tableau dashboard that will enable key business leaders to identify key gaps in our self-directed investment platform experience
- Providing expertise as to how data visualization, experimentation greedy algorithms, machine learning, and text analytics/NLP can be leveraged to optimize sales performance
- Creating self-serve tools to put real-time information in the hands of decision-makers
You are a strong candidate if you:
- Have a unique combination of technical skills, mathematical know-how, storytelling, and intuition to understand what is happening to data from inception to analytical output to business decision
- Obsess over all things data, including volume, variety, veracity, velocity, and visualization; you can efficiently manipulate data from disparate sources using Alteryx and other ETL tools and have a keen eye towards automation
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in your problem solving - you geek out about developing an elegant solution versus just solving a problem via brute force
- Think R is more than a letter, PYTHON is more than a snake, and Java is more than an island or coffee bean; you have querying and programming skills and are curious to learn new tools and techniques
- Stay abreast of new applications but can recognize and apply the right technologies when the challenge you are solving is less complex
- Don't want to write code all day - while you love to get your hands dirty, you like to focus on solving problems and not just boosting model curves
- Geek out on ways to visualize data with Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Shiny Dashboards) and can present complex information in a simple, digestible way
- Recognize the stories in the data and are comfortable summarizing key information in ways that illuminate which customers are likely to do what next to influence senior management
- Self-starter, resourceful, flexible, proactive & a true team-player who is willing to pitch in wherever needed
Bonus points if you:
- Previously worked in an insights function at a financial services firm, consulting firm, or a marketing agency
- Understand personal investments and the function of markets
- Have a strong grasp of big data disciplines, Agile (scrum) methodologies, and new technologies
- Are a lifelong learner and hold a growth mindset; we welcome individuals who geek out on industry podcasts, stay abreast of cutting-edge techniques, or participate in KDD and Kaggle competitions for "fun" and love to share what they are learning with the rest of the team
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
New York,NY $90,000.00 - $145,000.00 / year; Jersey City,NJ $90,000.00 - $145,000.00 / year
Equity Research Associate - BiotechnologyPiper Sandler$85,000 - $150,000 a yearFull-timeAt Piper Sandler, we connect capital with opportunity to build a better future. We believe diverse teams with unique backgrounds, skills and experiences yield more2 minute agoShareChicago, IL 60606 (The Loop area)+1 location
BellpersonMarriott International, Inc$26.80 an hourFull-timeJob Number 23058787 Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations Location The St. Regis San Francisco, 125 Third Street, San Francisco, California, United2 minute agoShareSan Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District/South Beach area)+13 locations
Busser Food RunnerMarriott International, IncFull-timeAdditional Information AM Shift Job Number 23058751 Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location The St. Regis Atlanta, 88 West Paces Ferry Rd, Atlanta,2 minute agoShareAtlanta, GA (Peachtree Heights West area)+11 locations
Clerk of RecordsBread Financial$22.85 - $41.40 an hourFull-timeEvery career journey is personal. That's why we empower you with the tools and support to create your own success story. Be challenged. Be heard. Be valued. Be2 minute agoShareRemote
Mechatronics and Robotics ApprenticeJLLEstimated $50.6K - $64.1K a yearApprenticeshipJLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally. Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class2 hour agoShareCarencro, LA