Req ID: 2020-2734
Type: Regular Full-Time
Remaining Positions: 1
Post End Date: 6/23/2020
Salary Grade: D
This is a 1st shift position:Supervise design team consisting of Library Part designers, and provide periodic coverage and cross discipline training, peer responsibilities shared with Label Plate counterpart.
- Oversee Library Part development and maintenance of the 3D CAD component library to support funded and Class II change for any program and design discipline as necessary.
- Including but not limited to DDG 51 and 1000 class ships
- External customer part development
- Interpret Technical Vendor Furnished, Government or Contractor Equipment information
- Provide Supervision for the transition of design discipline requests for 3D development of design of clearance shapes and space reservation using material definition inquiries (MDI’s) and VFI/GFE/CFE to create product geometry libraries for multiple disciplines to use in their design work-packages. Including the following:
- Processing of material as requested to suit Planning Yard IPDA packages
- Coordination of work with Systems engineering , Planning and Production counterparts as required
- Supervise designers in the execution of tasks, setting overall expectations and priorities
- Ensure tasks are completed to established schedules and budget while maintaining daily updated and accurate progress of tasks in EPS
- Provide guidance and direction across the Team for Process and Technical issues, Identifying and executing efficiency improvements within electronic flow of data
- Work with the resource Manager to evaluate workload requirements and assist in resource assignment efficiencies between teams
- Support the resource Manager in the development of quarterly Lockdown plans
- Provide project analysis on cost, schedule using EVMS principles, i.e. CPI, SPI
- Ensure tasks are completed with the required level of quality specified in the contract, meeting established division Quality goals
- Support development of discipline specific training and learning curriculum, working with resident Project Coordinator on annual training budget needs
- Responsible for the development of assigned personnel
- Develop employee performance evaluations
- Administer the BIW/BMDA contract
BS or AS degree in a Design/engineering related field with 5 years’ experience in a Design/ Engineering related field, or a graduate of BIW's Apprenticeship Program with 7 years’ experience in a marine Engineering/Design/Manufacturing related field; or a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a marine Engineering/Design/Manufacturing related field required.
- Solid understanding of shipbuilding; Class Design through fabrication and installation processes preferred.
- Knowledge of Design transition to Planning processes
- Proficient computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Office suite, Knowledge of Sharepoint and site navigation, understanding of JIRA Workflow preferred
- Ability to locate, read, interpret and follow procedures, standards and work instructions required
- Innovative leadership qualities, problem solving capabilities, and a strong passion for employee development required
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple priorities required
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Demonstrated leadership experience, with increasing responsibilities that reflect a strong ability to work in a teaming environment required
- Ability to obtain a security clearance required
- Strong people skills and leadership qualities required.
CleanerEdward Rose & SonsFrom $13.67 an hourIf you enjoy keeping things clean and orderly, and take pride in the work you do then we have an opportunity for YOU! Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned14 minute agoShareKalamazoo, MI 49048+13 locations
Dishwasher - FT - Denver/River Front ParkBALFOUR SENIOR CARE$16 - $17 an hourWe are seeking talented and team-oriented associates to join our comfortable and elegant environment at Balfour River Front Park located in Denver, CO and2 hour agoShareDenver, CO 80202+1 location
TNHM05-2022-04178-Dual Role Maintenance and Rural Striper-LanderState of Wyoming$17.78 - $20.44 an hourDescription and Functions Open Until Filled GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Highway2 hour agoShareLander, WY
Housekeeper (Part-Time)Huntsville Health Care CenterEstimated $21.3K - $26.9K a yearWE ARE LOOKING FOR THE BEST HOUSEKEEPERS! We’re serious about getting the best people to join our team and offering on-the-spot interviews. We are looking for a3 hour agoShareHuntsville, TX 77340
Packer4 Over llcWORK SCHEDULE: 1st Shift (6:00am- 2:00pm, Monday- Friday) **This positions iseligible for a $500 sign-on bonus** SUMMARY: The packer is responsible for selecting3 hour agoShareMoonachie, NJ 07074+5 locations