Teacher, English Learner (EL)
Strong work ethic
The EL teacher provides support to the instructional process by serving as the EL instructional leader with specific responsibility for implementing school-wide Language Instruction Educational Plan (LIEP) for all identified English Learners at respective schools. The EL teacher develops lesson plans and delivers group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborates with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom needs. The EL teacher provides leadership in the design, revision, and implementation of EL curriculum necessary to meet Federal, State, and District EL goals.Responsibilities include highly focused, rigorous, and innovative EL instruction and high quality training to expand and/or enhance existing academic integrated content/language instruction for teachers at their respective schools.
- Establishes and maintains school-based LIEP instructional schedule/service delivery for ELs.
- Works in partnership with principal(s) and classroom teachers to incorporate learner objectives compatible with the subject, academic abilities, established curriculum and diverse learning needs of ELs.
- Participates on the school MTSS team to ensure appropriate instructional decisions are made to maximize support and achievement for ELs.
- Recommends appropriate instructional strategies and accommodations for students and classroom teachers.
- Supports schedule conferences between classroom teachers, parents, and parent liaisons as needed.
- Helps staff members at assigned schools understand EL policy and procedures through formal and/or informal training
- Facilitates and/or supports communications between EL student's school and home to ensure parent engagement
- Maintains a current North Carolina Professional Educator's License in the appropriate areas
- Communicates effectively, orally and in writing
- Possesses a broad knowledge regarding curriculum content and EL teaching strategies with specific content knowledge at multiple levels of instruction
- Researches innovative EL programs and research/evidence based strategies for ELs
- Utilizes data to improve programming
- Fosters strong school-home relations for parents of students in EL classrooms
- Creates a culture of effectiveness, by setting high standards and expectations for all students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in accordance with goals established by the CMS Strategic plan.
- Instructs students individually and in groups during the instructional time, using various teaching methods such as but not limited to lectures, discussions, demonstrations, presentations, class projects, use of media, technology, current research in instruction, tutorials and other tools that provides for student engagement in the learning process and enables students to achieve learning objectives
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests, including students with disabilities and different English proficiency levels.
- Participates in school management and shares responsibility for the total school program.
- Attends staff meetings, planning meetings for instructional area, and professional development as offered.
- Participates in personal professional growth activities focused on the acquisition of new and improved skills and knowledge.
- Uses appropriate techniques and strategies which promote and enhance critical, creative and evaluative thinking capabilities of students.
- May coordinate and lead class field trips.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in education with appropriate subject area.
- Must have ESL certification or credentials to attain NC certification.
- Specialization in specific subject area at a Master's level
Licensing / Certification Requirements:
- North Carolina certification or credentials to attain North Carolina certification required. Must meet all minimum NC state requirements for certification.
# of Jobs
Minimum Educational Requirements
Additional Job Information
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge of CMS Strategic Plan
- Working knowledge of effective professional development including coaching, mentoring, etc?
- Extensive knowledge of curriculum, EL instructional methods and teaching strategies
- Extensive knowledge of EL laws, policies, procedures, and effective teaching practices
- Working knowledge of technology and instructional applications
- Knowledge of CMS policies, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of electronic equipment, computer hardware and software, including applications.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies and procedures and strategies to promote effective safety and security operations for the protection of students, data, property and the classroom/school.
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or likely to go wrong.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific set of rules.
- Ability to recognize, honor and celebrate successes.
- Ability to meet schedules and timelines.
- Ability to work confidentially and with discretion.
- Ability to inspire trust. Possesses high levels of self-confidence and optimism. Models high standards of integrity and ethical behavior.
- Acknowledges and respects diverse perspectives.
- Commitment to a ?student first? philosophy in all decisions.
- Ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
The work is subject to inside environmental conditions most of the time. There is usually protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. The person in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position; standing and/or sitting for sustained periods of time. The person in this position needs to frequently move about the room. It frequently requires stooping, crouching and reaching. This position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and /or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push or pull objects. The work requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations. The work requires the ability to see details at close range and at a distance. The person in this position constantly communicates with students. They must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, and at times quickly. This work requires the perceiving of the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels. It requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and make discriminations in sound. This work requires frequent use of a computer and other office productivity machinery. This work rarely comes in contact with biohazards, bodily fluids or with hazardous materials.
In compliance with Federal Law, Charlotte - Mecklenburg Schools administers all education programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age or disability.
Sr. Customer Support Specialist (New Products)Rippling$26.90 - $35.30 an hourFull-timeAbout Rippling Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified1 day agoShare+1 locationRemote
Member of the Secretariat (payments and related innovations)Bank For International SettlementsEstimated $44.3K - $56.1K a yearImproving cross-border payments is a high-priority area for the FSB. We are looking for an individual to join the small team supporting the FSB’s work on2 day agoShareBoard, WV
Assistant to the Director of PAM CUTPortland Art Museum$41,423 a yearFull-timeMonday to Friday +3Job Description The Portland Art Museum (referred to as Museum) and the Center for an Untold Tomorrow (referred to as PAM CUT) invites applications for the position of2 day agoSharePortland, OR 97205 (Downtown area)
LEGAL OFFICERUnited NationsEstimated $116K - $146K a yearThe Office of Legal Affairs is the central legal service of the Organization and provides legal advice to the Secretary-General, Secretariat departments and offices2 day agoShareNew York, NY+2 locations
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - 1ST SHIFTLouis Vuitton$60,000 - $70,000 a yearOvertimePOSTE Under supervision of the Care Services Production Manager, this position is responsible for managing and supervising Artisans who are responsible for2 day agoShareOntario, CA+3 locations