Transporter/Messenger - BKS - Transport Service - Mount Sinai Morningside - Part Time/ Nights/Every Weekend
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Transports patients, supplies, equipment, medication, medical charts, specimens, blood products, flowers, name plates, paper (i.e., OR schedules, requisitions, etc.) in a timely manner
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Sorts and delivers inter-office/incoming mail and packages accurately and in a timely manner
- Arrives on unit with appropriate mode of patient transportation (including oxygen, if necessary)
- Introduces patient to self and destination. Confirms identity of patient with ID band
- Assists Care Givers in moving patient on and off different modes of transport
- Ensures patient’s chart accompanies the patient to their designated area
- Ensures patients are appropriately dressed/covered for transportation
- Utilizes designated elevators to transport patients in a timely manner
- Follows proper Patient Tracking procedures (logging in & out, going to in-progress, completions and logging delays
- Redistributes rolling stock (i.e., wheelchairs, stretchers)
- Responds to codes for transport needs
- Ensures equipment used for transportation is safe, clean and easily accessible
- Provides elevator operator services and audiovisual support
- Ensures that equipment is positioned and locked when stationary
- Ensures that side rails remain in “up” position, as indicated
- Ensures that needed bedside articles are within patients reach
- Notifies appropriate staff of patient status (i.e., return to floor, pick-up, and need for assistance). Makes sure destination treatment area knows of cancellations for patients that transporter is assigned for
- Practices effective and respectful communication and collaboration with other health care members
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience in hospital setting preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together. We invite you to participate actively as a part of the Mount Sinai Health System team by:
- Using a lens of equity in all aspects of patient care delivery, education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow opportunities for all to thrive and reach their potential
- Serving as a role model confronting racist, sexist, or other inappropriate actions by speaking up, challenging exclusionary organizational practices, and standing side-by-side in support of colleagues who experience discrimination
- Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors among and between departments and co-workers
- We work hard to acquire and retain the best people and to create an inclusive, welcoming and nurturing work environment where all feel they are valued, belong, and are able to professionally advance. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, contribute to the patient experience and quality of patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our history!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai Mornings
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $21.18 - $22.38 Hourly. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
Customer Service AssociateSouthern Hospitality Services, LLC$54,750 - $59,495 a yearFull-time +1We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill a remote Customer Service Associate position within our team. As a Customer Service Associate, you will be responsible6 minute agoShare+3 locationsRemote
Office ManagerPatenaude & Felix, APC$20 - $24 an hourFull-timeMonday to FridayPatenaude & Felix, APC is looking to hire a full-time Legal Assistant to join our firm Portland, Oregon office. Do you want to work for a law firm that offers you55 minute agoSharePortland, OR 97201 (Downtown area)
Texas Program SpecialistParents As TeachersEstimated $41.2K - $52.1K a yearAPPLICANT MUST LIVE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS Position Summary The Texas (TX) Program Specialist is responsible for supporting Texas affiliates of PATNC. These programs55 minute agoShareRemote in St. Louis, MO 63146
TikTok Commerce - Category Manager - BeautyTikTok$73,000 - $130,000 a yearResponsibilities Company Overview TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global55 minute agoShareSan Francisco, CA+5 locations
New Logo Account ExecutiveServiceNow$139,800 - $238,200 a yearFull-timeCompany Description At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait,55 minute agoShareRemote in New York, NY 10165