US - Sr Project Controls Specialist - Liquids Growth and Integrity & Maintenance Projects
Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description
Sr Project Controls Specialist - Liquids Growth and I&M Projects
Reference Code: 84463
Location: United States (US) - Houston, TX Job Category: Project Services Employment Type: Employee Full-time Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program Application Deadline: 05/10/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Project Controls team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Canada and United States to provide support to Liquids Projects Canada and US projects portfolio, including Growth and Integrity & Maintenance (I&M) projects. As a key member of the Project Controls team, this position reports to the Manager, Project Services and will be responsible for providing Project Controls expertise as noted below.
What you'll do
In addition to demonstrating subject matter expertise (SME) in the Project Controls function, the Senior Project Controls individual shall:
- Act as the SME for Estimating, Cost Control, Change Management, Progress & Performance Measurement and Project Reporting/Stewardship
- Support the Project Controls Lead and project team to achieve daily, monthly and yearly Project Controls deliverables
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with project stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure business and project objectives are successfully achieved
- Support on-going improvement initiatives including developments in PC tools, processes, templates and deliverables;
- Develop and maintain cost control budgets, ensuring costs are stewarded as per project requirements
- Provide project cost forecasting based on trends (including earned value, labour rate analysis, commitments, change management, schedule impacts, material cost variances, etc.)
- Coordinate and assist in identifying cost and schedule risks, and support risk mitigation/control throughout project execution
- Assume mentorship role for other PS team members and provide guidance to the project team in the disciplines of Project Controls
- 10+ years of related experience in Project Controls
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent (i.e. other technical training with equivalent experience will also be considered), APEGA, AACE and/or PMP certification would be considered an asset
- Strong analytical, interpretive, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Project Controls industry specific applications (i.e. SAP, MS Office, etc.)
- Superior organization and prioritization to manage multiple/competing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 05/10/2021 using reference code 84463. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Thank you for choosing to grow your career with TC Energy.
Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- Consistent with our employment practices, we reserve the right to consider the cost of relocation when making internal hiring decisions.
Looking for a Museum Expert - Sales Development RepresentativeSocial Good Software$18.25 - $24.95 an hourJob details Salary $18.25 - $24.95 an hour Job Type Part-time Number of hires for this role 2 to 4 Qualifications Day Shift (Required) English (Required) US1 week agoShareSandy, UT 84070
DirectorGap Inc.Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description About Gap Inc. Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone1 week agoShareUnited States
Customer Engagement AssociateThe Coca-Cola CompanyJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description The Customer Engagement Associate (CEA) provides service and support to established and new, internal and1 week agoShareAtlanta, GA 30313 (Downtown area)
Sr. Manager, Category Leadership and Guest Insights – National Foodservice and On PremiseThe Coca-Cola CompanySr. Manager, Category Leadership and Guest Insights – National Foodservice and On Premise POSITION OVERVIEW Come join the new Category Leadership organization1 week agoShareAtlanta, GA 30313 (Downtown area)
Manager, Billing and CollectionsQuarles & BradyWe seek an experienced Billing & Collections Manager to oversee the Firm's billing and collections functions across all offices, with responsibility for managing and1 week agoShareUnited States