Community Outreach Developer Engineering / SVP / New York
About the Role
The Community Outreach role for Developer Engineering is part of a globally distributed team focused on driving community engagement with the initiative and ensuring that developers are well-informed about the programme and have a powerful voice to raise issues and shape the approach. The Community team is a key strategic function and will take part in wider departmental initiatives.
A key component of the role is supporting the cultural transformation of ICG Technology. A powerful cultural vision must be widely known to have effect and awareness of our vision is thus the fundamental foundation of our culture change. Another key element is soliciting feedback. In addition to the direct benefits of feedback, making your voice heard is the key to self-empowerment. Mechanisms for soliciting feedback can therefore accelerate and reinforce cultural change as well as acting as an indicator of cultural impact by the wider programme.
About the Department
Developer Engineering is a new function within ICG Technology. Our mission is to make it easy and enjoyable for development teams to go from a business idea to delivery of an innovative production solution. This will be done by improving and upgrading our tools, streamlining our processes, automating and strengthening our controls, and helping development teams adopt modern ways of working.
This new initiative represents a key investment in our future development capability. We are assembling an expert team to transform the working environment of the 18,000 people who make up the ICG development community and help them dramatically change their approach to developing software across the many different technologies we support. This is a challenging remit, but with the scale and variety comes a unique opportunity to be agents of cultural and technical change who have a huge impact on the bank.
- Contributes as part of a distributed community team located in key development centres globally
- Key figure in New York, evangelizing initiatives underway to senior stakeholders and encouraging feedback and engagement from developers
- Engages senior leaders and function owners in New York gaining support for the program and critically can leverage these networks to actively support the adoption of initiatives globally
- Leverages existing communities (such as Engineering Excellence) and builds new ones around key initiatives or areas of interest
- Solicits feedback and contributes to the community ideas portal, ensuring local participation
- Executes a localised communications strategy with the development teams and stakeholders
- Supports the adoption and implementation of global programs through influencing an established stakeholder network
- Contribute to campaigns, bringing local culture and character to them, tuning as required
- Pain points management and backlog grooming (feeding into DevOps team)
- Drives positivity and constructive discussions without sugar-coating current issues
- Ensures their region is well-represented and acts as a local face for the initiative
- Charismatic and engaging person who can stand their ground in the face of disagreement or cynicism
- Excellent communicator who gets on well with others, building strong professional relationships
- Strong public speaker, able to engage and excite audiences
- Excellent program management abilities focusing on delivery and progress
- Critical thinker and able to contribute to Community Outreach strategy
- Great writer, able to shape persuasive articles
- Able to negotiate and influence at all levels
- Collaborative by nature, builds partnerships across the firm
- Creative and innovative, brings different angles to problems and provides new solutions
- Risk and security focused, putting diligent risk management and security at the core of everything they do
- Proven track record of excellence in communications
- Great knowledge of the development process, ideally from working with development teams in a banking environment
- Extensive senior management engagement and/or part of a leadership team
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Applications Development
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Transporter (40 hrs.12:30pm - 9:00pm Rotating Weekends)Boston Medical CenterJob details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It's a network of support and care that touches the lives of4 minute agoShareBoston, MA 02118+3 locations
Retail and Customer Relationship ManagerVOZ$25 - $30 an hourJob details Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications Sales: 3 years (Required) Doctorate (Preferred) Full Job Description About5 minute agoShareNew York, NY 10012
Administrative Assistant - Part Time, Metro DetroitCanine To Five$16 - $20 an hourJob details Salary $16 - $20 an hour Job Type Part-time Temporary Contract Number of hires for this role 1 Qualifications administrative support: 10 years5 minute agoShareFerndale, MI
Food Service RepresentativeCentura Health$17.00 - $21.31 an hourJob details Salary $17.00 - $21.31 an hour Full Job Description Variable Welcome to Centura Health Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western5 minute agoShareDenver, CO 80210
Bookseller - TemporaryBarnes & NobleJob details Job Type Temporary Full Job Description Title: Bookseller - Temporary Category: Retail EmploymentType: Temporary Location: FL - Tampa - Dale Mabry -5 minute agoShareTampa, FL 33609100+ locations