Janitor / Custodian
Arts In Action Schools is currently looking for an experienced maintenance person to join our team. At Arts in Action, your role is crucial. We believe that our campus is a reflection of our school community and that maintaining a clean and safe campus is integral to a happy and inviting school environment.
ABOUT US: Arts in Action Community Charter School opened in the Fall of 2011 with grades K-5. Arts in Action Middle School opened in Fall of 2016 and serves grades 6-8. We aim to provide a rigorous academic foundation while developing the whole child through a rich arts program, a daily socio-emotional learning component, and by modeling advocacy through social justice initiatives. For more information on the school's mission and vision, please see www.artsinactioncharter.org.
OUR MISSION: To empower, prepare, and inspire urban students to achieve their highest potential and become active citizens who work toward building a more just, humane, and sustainable world by providing a democratic, arts-enriched, and nurturing school environment.
Arts In Action Charter School is hiring a full-time maintenance / custodial person.
We want to work with someone who is:
- A quick learner and worker
- Able to take and sometimes give directions
- Detail oriented and who is able to take initiative as needed
- Flexible and able to adapt to new situations
- Ability to work on a team
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
MAINTENANCE, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleaning: mopping, sweeping, wiping down surfaces and deep cleaning as scheduled.
- Taking out garbage, moving furniture
- Basic plumbing (unclogging toilets, etc), basic painting, changing light fixtures
- Keeping the campus compliant with State Licensing, OSHA, Fire, Health and Safety Regulations
- Assisting school administrators with large-volume supply deliveries and with managing stock and storage areas
- Assisting the Operations Manager with inventories
- Providing excellent service to children and families
- Have at least 1 year of janitorial experience or work experience
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency
- Highly preferred:
- General handiwork and custodial work ability.
PHYSICAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS :
- The physical ability to stand and or walk frequently.
- The physical ability to climb on a ladder
- The physical ability to occasionally balance, kneel, crouch, and squat in order to perform required responsibilities.
- The physical ability to frequently carry up to 50 pounds
- 40 hours a week 12:00-8:30 pm, weekends, and overtime occasionally as necessary
- If full time, then health benefits, retirement 403b available, 10 sick and 15 vacation paid time off
$13.25-$16 depending on experience
Arts in Action Community Charter School is non-sectarian in its programs, admissions policies, employment practices, and all other operations, shall not charge tuition, and shall not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, religion or sexual orientation, either actual or perceived.
Carpet CleanerZerorez$45,000 - $65,000 a yearJob details Salary $45,000 - $65,000 a year Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Zerorez of Louisville carpet cleaning technicians earn an average of $45k-$65K16 hour agoShareLouisville, KY
T&E AnalystThe Walt Disney Company (Corporate)Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Job Summary: The Travel & Expense Analyst position responsibilities will predominantly support all company21 hour agoShareCelebration, FL
Administrative AssistantSteward Partners Global Advisory LLC$60,000 - $80,000 a yearJob details Salary $60,000 - $80,000 a year Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 1 Full Job Description Divisional Administrative Assistant Job1 week agoShareClearwater, FL 33755
Part Time JobsWegmans Food MarketsFrom $14 an hourJob details Salary From $14 an hour Job Type Part-time Full Job Description Schedule: Part timeAvailability: Applying to this requisition allows you to be04-10-2021ShareState College, PA 16803
University Housing - Administrative Assistant IGeorgia College$120,000 a yearJob details Salary $120,000 a year Job Type Full-time Full Job Description About Us Welcome to Georgia College’s employment website, and thank you for02-10-2021ShareMilledgeville, GA 31061