Head of Maintenance
In this role you will manage equipment engineering activities in our manufacturing environment. Help design, develop and implement system improvement projects to ensure all policies and procedures support ongoing and reliable operations.
Title: Maintenance Department Head
The Tofurky Company (a leading manufacturer of meat alternatives) is seeking a highly skilled technical professional to manage our growing maintenance department. In this role you will manage equipment engineering activities in our manufacturing environment. Help design, develop and implement system improvement projects to ensure all policies and procedures support ongoing and reliable operations.
Our stable and growing company is located in beautiful, Hood River, OR with our newest facility built to LEED platinum specifications. In this setting your skills and vision will be employed to improve and grow the capabilities of multiple manufacturing facilities. This includes our state-of-the-art processing facility on the waterfront, as well as, our iconic downtown plant. We welcome new ideas and opportunities to improve company wide.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and develop all maintenance operations cooperatively with management.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Give input into developing the budget and provide guidance to maintenance personnel to operate within the parameters of the departmental budget through competitive pricing with vendors, parts and supplies and staff time management.
- Assist with planning and execution of building construction or renovation.
- Maintain a team of dedicated and skilled service technicians by providing the required leadership, training and guidance; ensuring that maintenance area of responsibility pro-actively supports all plant goals including safety, food safety, quality, and productivity.
- Develops and maintains preventative maintenance program including scheduling of service or repair work for each piece of equipment. Regularly measures effectiveness of program by a continuous reduction in plant mechanical downtime year after year.
- Recommend and implement process improvement initiatives to increase operation effectiveness and efficiencies and maintain equipment reliability.
- Monitors Maintenance personnel’s adherence to safety rules, including following lockout/tag out procedures during repair, adjustments and servicing of equipment and seeks ways to continuously improve safety awareness and accountability.
What skills and education you’ll need:
- Previous experience in a supervisory or leadership capacity in maintenance required.
- Must have previous experience working in a manufacturing environment, preference given to those with experience managing facilities with 24-hour staff coverage.
- Food safety experience is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
What we’ll do:
We know you’re valuable and we’ll work hard to keep you challenged. The qualified candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- 100% employer paid comprehensive medical and vision, 80% employer paid dental benefits.
- Auto-enrollment in Tofurky profit sharing program and eligibility for 401K contribution + match.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Company paid time off including holidays.
How to apply:
Please submit resume (and cover letter) to [email protected] Please reference “Head of Maintenance” in the subject line.
The Tofurky Company values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Tofurky Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Tofurky Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Shift Supervisor - (12hr. 4 shift) GranulationBASF CorporationEstimated $55.3K - $70K a year4 hour shiftWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion,1 hour agoShareMcIntosh, AL
Human Resources GeneralistMarriott International, Inc$24 an hourFull-timeJob Number 23018181 Job Category Human Resources Location The Westin Denver International Airport, 8300 Pena Boulevard, Denver, Colorado, United States Schedule2 hour agoShareDenver, CO 80249 (Denver International Airport area)+15 locations
Senior Processing AssistantNew York University$33.03 an hourFull-timePosition Summary: Perform complex cataloging, acquisitions, metadata and record maintenance functions as well as monitor standard processing functions. Assist in5 hour agoShareHybrid remote in New York, NY 10012
Haccp Coordinator - BelgraviaFoster Farms$73,000 - $95,000 a yearFull-timeCompany Description Foster Farms has been serving families since 1939. Since the founding days, Foster Farms has always been committed to providing consumers with the5 hour agoShareFresno, CA
Retail Merchandising Associate - Part TimeHomeGoodsPart-timeStyle is never in short supply at our more than 500 HomeGoods stores and we are constantly on a mission to provide the little surprises and extra touches that make a6 hour agoShareWareham, MA 02571 (West Wareham area)