Hydroponic Greenhouse Manager
Two Guys from Woodbridge is an 11,000 square ft Organic Hydroponic Greenhouse growing leafy greens, microgreens, herbs, and edible flowers. We distribute our produce at storefronts in CT and farmers' markets in CT and NYC. We have a passion for food, our environment, and growing high-quality produce. Our challenge is to create a farm next door where consumers and restaurants can enjoy superior produce picked from the farm on the same day. We use state-of-the-art indoor farming techniques to produce leafy greens that are fresh and delicious. We value respect, integrity, consistency, and creating an inviting work environment.
- Overseeing all operations of the farm
- Hiring, training, and managing hydroponic growers
- Setting standards for growing all specimens, including the schedule and nutrient intake
- Ensuring proper preparation for harvesting times
- Testing PH and EC on a regular basis
- Maintaining or replacing hydroponic equipment
- Maintaining planting and harvesting records
- Monitoring and ordering supplies
- Experimenting with growing conditions to improve efficiency
- Working with owners to explore new revenue opportunities
- Suggesting marketing strategies to better promote products
- Experience with detecting nutrient deficiencies
- Experience with beneficial insects
Greenhouse Responsibilities Include:
- On-site management of Greenhouse
- Manage all communications and scheduling with greenhouse employees and Market employees
- Report results on Greenhouse Activity Sheets from Greenhouse computer
- Recruit, train, schedule, and manage greenhouse personnel.
- Develop evaluations to assess the greenhouse strengths and identify areas of improvement.
- Work with the Market Manager to ensure Market events run smoothly.
- Work at multiple farmer's markets, handling both cash and electronic financial transaction.
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 1 year of experience in a hydroponic farm
- Extensive knowledge of botany and the art of growing plants without soil
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to lead a large team during harvest time
- Forward-thinking mindset, able to see the big picture at all times
- Ability to conduct formal training sessions and presentations
- Interest in the hydroponic industry
- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 1 year of formal management experience
- Trade school certification with hydroponics specialty
- Bachelor’s degree in an agriculture-related field
Looking for someone who...
- Has a genuine love for Hydroponic growing and our products.
- Has a positive attitude and works well with others.
- Has written, oral, organizational, and communication skills.
- Has proven leadership experience, including providing staff oversight, mentoring and development, and establishing department goals and objectives.
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs without difficulty., set up the market tent, coolers, and tables.
- Ability to kneel, bend, twist, and stand during shift.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Self-directed but able to work collectively as a team player.
- Capable of overseeing a project from start to finish or jumping in mid-stream.
- Ability to work irregular and extended hours as needed, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Able to enforce rules assertively and respectfully as needed.
Compensation & Hours: Salary based on experience and desired hours worked per week to be negotiated before hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamden, CT 06518: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Greenhouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hydroponic: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
CSR - Customer Service RepresentativeMolded Dimensions Group$24 - $29 an hourMolded Dimensions is currently seeking a motivated Customer Service Representative to join our team at our Port Washington facility. As a company with continuous growth20 minute agoShareHybrid remote in Port Washington, WI 53074
Food and Beverage ManagerThe Stovall House$50,000 - $60,000 a yearThe Stovall House is a private club and restaurant on Bayshore Blvd in Tampa. We have team first culture, we believe that if we take care of our team then they will take29 minute agoShareTampa, FL 33611
Food Service Worker** Contracted through AramarkCedar Hill ISDEstimated $24K - $30.4K a yearThe Food Service Worker will assist the manager with food/meal preparation; maintain cash receipts and meal records. Assist manager in completing daily reports. Maintain29 minute agoShareCedar Hill, TX 75104+1 location
Production WorkerAdvanced Transit Manufacturing$15.50 an hourPlease apply at the below website in order to be considered for this role: https://pkc.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&portal=20000059 Only2 hour agoShareHornell, NY 14843
Data Entry Clerk/Office AssistantSierra Pallet$18 an hourSierra Pallet has an opening for a Data Entry/File Clerk. This position is part time at 20 hours per week, we offer a flexible schedule, and we have weekly pay! Sierra2 hour agoShareReno, NV 89506