DALLAS HOUSING AUTHORITY
MAY 4, 2022
JOB TITLE: LEASING MANAGER
SALARY: $44,941 - $74,911
LOCATION: VOUCHER PROGRAMS/LANDLORD SERVICES
Summary: Under general direction of the Director of Housing Services, is responsible for the intake and processing of any unit submitted to DHA for inspection and rental amount verification. Responsible for expanding housing opportunities with new and existing property owners as well as developing and enhancing the relationships between the Dallas Housing Authority, property owners, the real estate industry, elected officials, HUD local officials and the general public by providing information about Agency policies and programs and procedures.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Implements DHA policy to encourage participation by owners of units located outside areas of poverty or minority concentration.
- Informs rental voucher holders of the full range of areas where they may lease units both inside and outside the PHA s jurisdiction; and supplies a list of landlords or other parties who are willing to lease units or help families find units, including units outside areas of poverty or minority concentration.
- Markets the Housing Choice Voucher Program to property owners of units located outside areas of poverty or minority concentration.
- Maintains and updates marketing materials for new and existing property owners.
- Oversees the intake, management and processing of all Request for Tenancy Approval (RFTA) packets for the Housing Choice voucher Program.
- Supervises staff to ensures the accuracy, integrity, timeliness and consistency of all Rental Adjustment and new unit contract rent requests.
- Coordinates and participates in meetings with public and private agencies, community organizations and industry groups to further the goals of the Agency for property owner recruitment.
- Assures all vendor changes are processed in a timely manner; coordinates with Section 8 case managers to assure rental adjustments are processed in a timely manner; monitors DHA reports to assure payments are correct and contracts are executed.
- Acts as liaison and central point of contact for property owners and property managers interested in participating and currently participating in the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
- Briefs landlords on DHA policy and HUD regulations; reports incidences of fair housing discrimination encountered in landlord recruitment and daily activities.
- Maintains statistical information, and prepares reports and related documents.
- Reviews and resolves complaints and grievances, policy exceptions and changes in resident status.
- Meets regularly with landlords to offer support and guidance; analyzes and evaluates issues and proposals, develops recommendations, and directs the implementation of solutions.
- Responds to complaints, questions and inquiries; resolves complaints in accordance with DHA policy; assures the satisfaction of customers in quality and responsiveness of services.
- Ensures landlord leasing activities are in compliance with all laws, policies, regulations and goals.
- Explains nature of DHA programs, procedures and services to clients; maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, client records and DHA information.
- Supports the relationship between DHA and the constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and DHA staff.
- Enthusiastically promotes the President/CEO s priorities for the operations of DHA.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of DHA organization, operations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of record keeping and records management.
- Knowledge of business and personal computers, and spreadsheet software applications.
- Skill in understanding, interpreting and applying relevant standards and procedures, and applicable Federal rules and regulations.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in working under pressure of deadlines, and establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other DHA staff.
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Skill in interacting with people of different social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
Must be able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
Bachelor s degree in Business or Public Administration or a related field; AND two (2) years of property management experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Section 8 Rent Calculation Certification required within 6 months of appointment.
Valid Texas State Driver s License required.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
Explanation of Hiring Process
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with the Dallas Housing Authority. All applications for open posted positions must be submitted via on-line at www.dhantx.com. No on-line applications will be accepted after the noted closing date on the announcement. We encourage you to visit our website often to view and apply for vacant positions with the agency.
DHA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all employees and applicants are treated equally without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGERSET ActiveEstimated $44.3K - $56.1K a yearInternshipWeekend availability +1GENERAL: Develop and maintain strategies across all social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, TikTok, BeReal, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter13 minute agoShareLos Angeles, CA
BFT - Clinical Research Coordinator for The Healthcare Transformation Lab- Spanish and/or Portuguese speaking preferredMassachusetts General Hospital(MGH)Part-time +1Day shiftBFT - Clinical Research Coordinator for The Healthcare Transformation Lab- Spanish and/or Portuguese speaking preferred - (3224336) General Summary The14 minute agoShareBoston, MA 02114 (West End area)
SUPPORT COORDINATOR - REMOTEPalcoEstimated $49.5K - $62.7K a yearFull-timeSUPPORT COORDINATOR Join a growing, visionary company pioneering an emerging health-care movement, empowering people to make their own choices and live14 minute agoShareRemote in United States
Product Manager II, Learning and EducationFull-timeNote: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY,14 minute agoShareNew York, NY (Chelsea area)
Intelligence Research SpecialistUS Department of State - Agency Wide$74,950 - $97,430 a yearDuties Collects, organizes, and analyzes intelligence data dealing with suspected fraudulent use of U.S. Consular issued documents. Analyzes data related to1 hour agoShareRosslyn, VA 22209 (Radnor-Ft Myer Heights area)